Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm back but not fully settled in...Pics >

I'm back but not fully settled in...Pics

I'm back but not fully settled in...Pics

Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Miranda, you are as pretty as a picture!! In fact you look so much like a gal I taught with I keep thinking of her when I see your photo and have to remind myself who you are!! Glad you had fun and watch the sun! I am fair skinned and have had skin cancer removed from my face. Its not a great face, but I have become kinda fond of it so don't want it cut up anymore. Take care!
Got any pics of that girl? Thanks for your compliments. :D
Old 07-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Funny you should mention poison ivy/oak.

In 10th grade, my parents asked me to cut the lawn. It was a big lawn and I was out most of the afternoon doing it with a push mower.

I had on shoes, socks, jeans, t-shirt and a sweat jacket that I zipped up to my neck.

Only my hands, neck and face were exposed.

I think you know where this is going. :lol:

That's right. Severe poison ivy all over my face, in my eyes, my nose, my lips, in my mouth, my neck, my ears and in the part of my hair.

I was so blistered and swollen, I looked like Rocky after his fight with Apollo Creed. I could not open my eyes. If I wanted to see anything, I had to physically hold my eyes open with my fingers.

And so I stood at my mom's bed early Monday morning when she was waking up holding my eyes open. I said, "mom, do I have to go to school today?"

When she looked, she jumped with a gasp in shock. She took me to the doctor that day and he gave me a shot of cortizone and a prescription and the swelling went down almost immediately. I had to go to school the next day.

Bright side? They never asked me to cut the grass again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 PM

Miranda...you're such a cutey!!! What a beautiful family you guys are!!

Sorry to hear about the sun poisoning. I've had bad, bad boughts with that stuff! When we went to Camp Lejune to see my nephew graduate his basic training for the marine's, boyyy did I get it bad...I had blood blisters the size of golf balls on my arms shoulders and back!! That was one horrible car ride back to Illinois too, especially with 3 people riding in the back seat.
Being fair skinned at the beach is not a good thing sometimes. I think they should make spf 1500 sometimes LOL!! Either that, or I shouldn't have spent so much time finding all those perty perty shells that I still haven't done anything with LOL. I've only had them for ohhhh right around 14 years now :oops: