Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-19-2011, 06:30 AM

I am applying for employment as your very appreciative relative. {I promise to send a thank you for anything you send me.} Some of us humans actually understand that others feelings might be hurt by being ignored. Thank you for being kind to them anyway. Your Karma is on the positive side. Take comfort from that. You deserve it. :thumbup:
Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Why are you wasting precious time and creativity on those who do not even care? Move forward. It is your choice whether or not to make gifts for those who do not appreciate it. Be good to yourself. If you want to make things for others, make simple things to donate to hospitals, etc. You will find great joy in doing that. There is a scripture that says, "Don't throw your pearls before swine". Sometimes I have to remember that one myself. We all love to give and be aknowledged and appreciated, but not everyone is like us. Be happy.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Your quilts and ornaments are beautiful. It is too bad their Mom has not acknowledged recieving the gifts. If this is her "norm" then most likely she has not taught her children to be thankful either. Don't blame the children. I would send them an e-mail or call and ask to talk with them. Ask them if they received the quilts and if they like them. I am sure they will tell you they love them and then thank you.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:19 AM

There is your answer for your niece and nephews lack of manners...their mama never taught them because she has none!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM

Last Christmas,my husband and I made a shadow box for our Grandson and his wife. In it we put all the things that we had received from them,to announce their wedding. Since the wedding was at the beach we had shells,sea oats etc. Our Grandson called Christmas morning to tell his how much he loved the whole thing and where it was going to hang in their new home, his wife finally got around to saying thank you for the gift last May when we were all at a family wedding. Said she had been so busy she just didn't have time to say thanks, but I noticed during that time period she had a lot of time to post all sorts of nonsense on Facebook. Lack of manners? Who knows.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:22 PM

pretty quilts you can send me one. Don't worry yourself over it. Barb
Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM

I know how you feel. My son and dear DIL have never put a double sided quilt my Mom made for their wedding gift on any bed in their home. I did a counted cross stitch for them as well. My son made a point of showing me that he had put it up in their first home. Now it isn't up at all! I am learning to be VERY careful what I make for them. They seem to like a jacket that I made for their daughter, but not the dress. You would think they could put it on her once when I was there. I also made a Dr. Suess quilt that she has used I think b/c it was in the wash. LOL
Old 08-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Some people are just plain rude. I had the same happen when I made a quilt for nephews wedding present. Still haven't had a thank you, 4 years down the track. Same with baby gifts. It is disappointing but I choose not to worry about it. Your quilts and the decorations are just beautiful.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:21 AM

Those quilts and the ornaments are lovely. As a quilter I would love to receive a gift like that because I know how much love was put into it. I think a lot of people don't realize how much effort and planning go into a quilt. I'm sorry they haven't acknowledged it yet, but I bet they will become treasured memories for them in time.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by LoisN
I just texted their mom and she said they did receive them and were amazed. She is mailing their thank you notes today. Guess I need to start eating my crow!!! Thanks for letting me spout off here and for the advice to contact them. You guys are great.
Don't be too hard on yourself. They may not have been written until AFTER you made the phone call!