Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM

There is no account for manners.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM

No - you're not being unrealistic. I had a SIL that did the same thing....only on one occasion she called me, laughing, and told me a "story"....well, the story ended up them laughing and joking about what I'd MADE her!!!!! That was the last present I ever gave her. I made her brother buy her presents from then on...and if he didn't buy her one, so be it! Give them another week and call to say you wanted to double check if the items got there. If they say yes, then remind them that it would have been nice for them to have acknowledged it.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:16 PM

If they actually did receive these incredible quilts and didn't acknowledge them, then that is beyond unacceptable. You would probably be better off making charity quilts for infants in hospitals. At least you would be appreciated for your hard work and generousity. I'm so sorry you were hurt. You obviously didn't deserve it.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:57 PM

Everything is great, I don't know why some people do not let you know that they got their gifts :(
Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM

It's sad when family doesn't appreciate the love you give in homemade gifts; espcially those as nice as you did. You did a great job, so be proud of yourself and make the next quilt for yourself! You will appreciate it! :-)
Old 08-29-2011, 01:13 PM

All are extremely beautiful and treasures. So sorry for them if they do not realize that. What a world it would be if all people ever had was "big box" store stuff. You are most generous, but you are right, maybe it is store bought for them in the future and save your beautiful work for those who really appreciate it.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:37 AM

My sister lives in Denmark and always carefully selected gifts for the grandchildren whenever she visited. Never received a thank-you. Last year, when they were all together, she said to them "I hope you like your gifts. They are the last you will receive from me unless I get a thank-you note." She now receives enthusiastic notes! Obviously she taught the children what her own children neglected to do!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:59 AM

Some people just don't know how much we put into these things. I made my baby sister one 2 years ago for Christmas and she re-did her whole bedroom around the quilt, now that's someone that loved her gift!!LOL!! My mom lives with her and she sews so my sissy knows that she is truly loved when we make something for her, as most all my family does.
I say if you don't hear something then I'd go for a gift card next time!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 AM

I like all of them. I certainly would have called and probably e-mailed as well. At least mentioned them in an e-mail , if that was not the subject of the e-mail. I love hand made items and appreciate the fact that someone liked me enough to devote that much time and effort into gifts. Definately....STORE bought next time. :-D