Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 04:40 AM

You should have asked him if he walked there; seeing how 'that's how it was done'. You could tell him that because he uses a hot water tank to heat his water, he's no less clean than if he went to 'the brook; to shower.
...we could go on and on...

BTW, your quilt is absolutely amazing!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:42 AM

Sending you extra hugs this AM..Your quilt is beautiful and this man was obviously speaking things that he didn't need to.. Perhaps he grew up during a tough time and still had some of those memories eating at him.. Either way he has wrong to make you feel bad...You should be proud of your work... It is beautiful!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:43 AM

You are creating a beautiful quilt with beautiful quilting. A work of art and hours of love. I am sorry that someone upset you so much that you felt you had to leave. If you are like me, I would have had an answer although it would have taken me at least 24 hours to come up with one.

On the other side, try to let it go by thinking that the "older man" was having sad memories of the past.

I am sending lots of HUGS to you and wishes for a better today and tomorrows.
Good thoughts
Connie
Old 02-28-2011, 04:43 AM

Some people live in a state of misery and are not happy until they drag everyone else in, and then they're REALLY unhappy. Shrug it off, and be proud of your new quilt!! You certainly should be, it's a beauty.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:45 AM

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} That old fart was simply being rude, uncaring, jealous and miserable. You should have paid absolutely no attention to him ............. that said, I can fully understand why you got up and left as you do NOT have to put up with that rude abuse from anyone. May the fleas from a thousand camels infest his jockey shorts!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:46 AM

All I can say is, "shame on him." Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and you have done a wonderful job on it. Here's your big bear hug (hhhhhuuuuuuggggggg)! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful quilt. Keep up the great work!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:46 AM

Aren't we fortunate to live in the era when we can afford new fabric and create works of beauty like yours. Obviously he is still in the past of The Great Depression and the unavailability of beautifulfabrics. I, too, would have been crushed. Isn't it wonderful to have all these friends who truly appreciate what a quilt is made of---more than fabric!?!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} That old fart was simply being rude, uncaring, jealous and miserable. You should have paid absolutely no attention to him ............. that said, I can fully understand why you got up and left as you do NOT have to put up with that rude abuse from anyone. May the fleas from a thousand camels infest his jockey shorts!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 AM

Misery enjoys company. Don't let him pull you down to his level.
We are living in the 21st century. It is a shame you have moved with the times and he has not. Your quilt is beautiful!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 AM

That is one absolutely beautiful quilt. I'm so sorry a grumpy old man had to rain on your parade, worse yet that you couldn't get your umbrella up fast enough! You certainly shouldn't have had to go to the car because a creep thoughtlessly opened his mouth! Ask yourself "what is the real truth?" when those situations come up. (There are many roads to beauty, and you have found your own route) Then agree to disagree and hold your ground.