Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR  2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters >

IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 AM

I think mine will be the star that I posted originally (although that wasn't in its finished form.

I'm not happy with the setting pieces. They are inset seams (squares at the corners, triangles between the other 4 points. I actually ripped them all out and tried again, which made such a mess of the star itself I thought about not using it at all, but am not motivated to start a new center. Younger DD (that's generally used to mean "dear daughter," but am not so sure right now) has my panties in a bunch and it's causing more migraines than usual. But I am home alone today, so who knows what I will do, lol!

Not to worry, I have the perfect prescription to fix my attititude: I leave for vacation in ten days. Some sun, walks on the beach and a quilt shop - or two - and I'll be up for working on some other great centers. I do have some ideas rolling around, although I'm also a little nervous! It seems that's how many people feel though... I even know what fabric that I will be looking for for one of the centers. Not an actual fabric, but the colors I want.

Julie, I get your center first... I leave on the 21st, so from NC to NY, I should have it if you mail on the 15th. And we will be having our mail picked up. However, if you'd rather, you can wait until a bit later. We return on the 1st.

My package and postcard will be leaving here Thursday, I think. That's the 15th? No calendar near by, will double check! Postcards will be enclosed. It seems like we decided not to include other items, but to send them directly if desired?

I'll try to get a picture of completed center & upload later today. I don't do it often enough to be able to do that automatically, I have to think of each step (be sure computer is on & booted before plugging camera cable in, which port??, save to file, download file to board...). Maybe by the end of this it'll be easier? We do post as we complete each round?

Peace and Joy,
Robin
Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

Hi guys...I'm chiming in here...

While Terri is gone..if you have any questions..just holler at me.

As far as the package...start mailing using just the flat rate envelope...that is the cheapest way to go. Each person will mail out in something new each round.

All your centers are lovely and fun.....Robin..can't wait to see yours!

Please let me know for this mailing when you mail our and when you recieve a center...I'm keeping up with it this round for you guys.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 AM

Yes, just a postcard for the owner of the center you work on. If you want to send her anything else, please do so in a seperate mailing.

I'll be mailing mine out this week. Had a SNAFU with a label, so set back a bit on that.
Just let Patti know when you send yours out for THIS ROUND ONLY!
I'll try to keep in touch, but probably won't be able to access a computer.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

I can't believe I missed this thread!!! WOW!!! :shock: Those are some awesome centers!!! I can't wait to see the rest of them :D :D :D
Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
I think mine will be the star that I posted originally (although that wasn't in its finished form.

Julie, I get your center first... I leave on the 21st, so from NC to NY, I should have it if you mail on the 15th. And we will be having our mail picked up. However, if you'd rather, you can wait until a bit later. We return on the 1st.
Robin,
If you want me to wait to mail it, I can sure do that. Just let me know what works better for you.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Wow again some super center blacks
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Ooohhhh, goody! Maybe MY quilt will get accessories too! OK, Mamabird, you can have my quilt for longer. Get shopping!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM

Robin, I'm jealous...so wish I could have time on the beach. Have a WONDERFUL time! Come home relaxed and refreshed.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Ooohhhh, goody! Maybe MY quilt will get accessories too! OK, Mamabird, you can have my quilt for longer. Get shopping!
lol I am STILL looking for the perfect shoe embelishments! I'll see what I can do ;)
Old 10-14-2009, 06:51 PM

Okay, I'm not trying to sound totally grouchy, but...

I've given up on getting my original center in the mail. In trying to get the setting pieces inset, I've made one of the original triangles wonky and am thoroughly disgusted. Although I am determined to use it, it's not going to be for this project as I am not going to be able to get it the way I want it and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Not that big a deal, I've got orphan blocks; decided to make my life easy and use one of those. Settled on a red/green/cream one (I've always wanted one that could be used at Christmas). Pressed it and went to get the camera. The camera that was a gift for me that DH uses more than I do wasn't where it is supposed to be. Find DH and ask if he knows where it is. He finds it, upset that he has to take the time to remember where he last used it. He's stressed as he leaves tomorrow for over two weeks and is nowhere near ready to go, plus the whole issue with our daughter. But he does find the camera and gives it to me.

The flippin' batteries are dead!!

So, no pictures are being posted before I send it... It's a 12 1/2" star from Quilter's Cache, but I have no idea waht the name of it is, so can't give you a link to it. The center is red (a cranberry print), pints are red and green, background is a light cream tone on tone.

I'd decided not to do a label per se, I'm just sending a paper for each of you to list your name, location & any other info you want to add. My hope is to have a friend who has an embroidery machine embroider them into a label for me.

And where, oh where, are the postcards I bought a couple of weeks ago? Well, at least I remember where I bought them, and can stop on my way to work to get replacements of those. No big deal there.

The only other thing I'll say is that I have something to go to Kendra that I may have to eat tonight before I go to bed...