Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR Group 4 Round 4 pictures >

IRR Group 4 Round 4 pictures

IRR Group 4 Round 4 pictures

Old 06-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

No FAIR!!!!!!!!! :hunf: I guess I'll just join the girls then here in the sun and wait.....*tapping my fingers in that really irritating way* :lol: :lol:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
K, thats nice how you kept out all the "essentials"...I'm thinking I'd have just gone with the Paper/Plastic for the fine dinnerware at this point! :lol: :lol: Now those REAL essentials....smart girl!!
Good idea Patti! If there were takeaways round here, I wouldn't even have to do that. :D
Old 06-22-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
K, thats nice how you kept out all the "essentials"...I'm thinking I'd have just gone with the Paper/Plastic for the fine dinnerware at this point! :lol: :lol: Now those REAL essentials....smart girl!!
Good idea Patti! If there were takeaways round here, I wouldn't even have to do that. :D
They have only just started doing take aways here as well and you have to be inside a certain perameter, and definately not up a mountain LOL. Usually youhave to go to get your take away here, but we are now very modern with Indian, Thai, and Chinese food, all of which I love, we even have real fish and chips YUM
Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
They have only just started doing take aways here as well and you have to be inside a certain perameter, and definately not up a mountain LOL. Usually youhave to go to get your take away here, but we are now very modern with Indian, Thai, and Chinese food, all of which I love, we even have real fish and chips YUM
Hi Elle! Yes, my parents go to Spain (near Alicante) a couple of times a year as my uncle has a villa there, and they say that. We have a fish and chip van in the village once a week but it ain't great and there used to be a curry van which was really good but it seems to have packed in. Still, soon be in Somerset and there, they'll deliver EVERYTHING! :mrgreen:
Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM

Great, somethings are still good in dear ole Blighty then.

I have to point out, that is only very recently that the old take away has become famous in this part of Spain. when I first came here there was nothing, so its still a bit of a novelty. Alicante is quite a large area compared to here.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

I'm wondering...by take away..do you mean like home delivery? or just carry out..like you go pick stuff up at the restaurant and take it home? If its home delivery....don't feel like the lone stanger because where I live there is NO delivery either. I guess they think that people who live where the sunshine has to be piped in don't eat :roll: We do have carry out though... :wink:
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM

Absolutely lovely!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:57 PM

I'm wondering...by take away..do you mean like home delivery? or just carry out..like you go pick stuff up at the restaurant and take it home? If its home delivery....don't feel like the lone stanger because where I live there is NO delivery either. I guess they think that people who live where the sunshine has to be piped in don't eat :roll: We do have carry out though... :wink:
Yes Patti, Take Away is what you call carry out. Home delivery is practically unheard of in this area, although I do think that the Pizza guys have got their act together, but I am not into Pizza.
Elle
Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Ok, I'm adding these pictures a bit late, my bad, but here is the finished product with the brown borders I didn't want to add, but had to because I happened to have a major blonde moment while cutting my white. *eye roll* I was so sure I had it calculated right... *sigh

Patti, I hope the mail is fast! I got your package this week

Note: I couldn't stand high enough on any piece of furniture in my living room to get the whole thing in, but you get the idea :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87819.jpe   attachment-87820.jpe  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Mel...that turned out beautifully! Now...what to do, what to do...Gai, I swear, I'll figure out something. I promise :wink: But please ya'll don't kill me if I don't get both your (Gai) and Mel's out by Aug. 15...but that would be nice wouldn't it?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gai...I'm still thinking, but please send those flowers anyway..I just had a small brain hiccup. :lol: