Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR Group 4 Round 4 pictures >

IRR Group 4 Round 4 pictures

IRR Group 4 Round 4 pictures

Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

Mel, I love it!! It's beautiful!! Thank you so much. And it just pulls all the elements together.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Banned

OK, I got an update from JoeAnn last night. After a month and a half of trying to get her doctor to take her seriously about her severe arm pain, she had an MRI last week. The MD called this evening to say that she has several severely herniated and bulging discs in her neck and that she was referring her to a neurosurgeon STAT for surgery. Poor JoeAnn was a better woman than I would have been, she didn't remind the doc that this had been going on as long as it had. :hunf: I also told her that if she were a dog, she'd be blind, have three legs!

Anyhow, I finished k3n's center. I'm having to hide it from Mom. She actually stole it off my sewing table and tried to hide it and keep it! :shock: But I have it safely boxed up and will mail it to Esqmommy this morning.

K3n is in the process of moving back to Britain, and won't have internet access for another week or two. She FORBADE me to post unless she saw it first, so that's why I posted the unfinished round before. This is complete! Whew. That was a lot of petals!! LOL

Mr. Le Coq
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85549[/ATTACH]

Sunflower detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85550[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85544.jpe   attachment-85545.jpe  
Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 AM

Gai, that is really lovely and goes so well with the centre. Well done I love it.

Elle
Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Banned

Thank you Elle!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Gai...that is wonderful!!! I can see why you are having problems with your Mom...quick!! Get that baby in the mail!!!

You did a great job..I love Monsieur LaCroque! I guess he might be changing his name now to something more..well...English!! :lol: :lol:

Please tell JoeAnn that our thoughts are with her..I'm so sorry to hear about the discs..but at least NOW they can do something to help her, (the poor dear!). I'm with you, not sure I could have been so restrained..but I guess it wouldn't do a lot of good to have let it out.. :roll:
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Patti, I am SO sorry I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday on the right day. And I have it right here on a sticky note on my computer too! A very, very apologetic but enthusiastic
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PATTI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
AND MANY MORE!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned

OK, well, I know this is round 4, and these are round 3 photos, but I didn't want them to get lost. Here is Esqmommy's center. I was waffling about whether to make HST's to pull the center design out, so went down to the LQS for a consult. LOL. It was pretty unanimous that what was needed at this point was something simple. Mom had found this fabric at Hobby Lobby and it matched the floral in the geese perfectly. The center floral is lilies, but it is REALLY close to them too. So I put just a plain border on, and I really like the effect. I don't think the colors show too well, but it's overcast today with rain. I hope you like it Esq. It's going to come to you for you to arrange the last round, since JoeAnn had to drop out due to health issues.

P.S. After the sunflowers, this went on so fast my head was spinning! LOL. What a difference!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84890.jpe   attachment-84946.jpe  
Old 06-30-2010, 12:09 PM

I Love, love, love it. Its beautiful she will be so happy with that one Gai

Elle
Old 06-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Thanks Elle. It really looks so much better in person. I don't think the photos show it well. But I'm happy with it. And Mom wants to keep this one too!! LOL This one was such a breeze after the sunflowers. The hardest part (and it's not hard) was mitering the corners! :P

P.S. You can't see it in the photo, but there was a teeny difference in the blacks in the background of the florals, and Mel's black. So I have a quarter-inch of a green that matches Patti's applique in between. Remind me NEVER to do another quarter inch sashing!! :shock: :roll: :lol:
Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Hmmm yes. Gai.......never ever, ever do a 1/4" sashing, Thats an order LOL