Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP  3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS" >

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 AM

I received Lacelady´s (Lesley´s) centre today, so so beautiful and much more beautiful in person, looking forward to adding a little magic, if thats possible.

PLEASE NOTE, please let me know by PM or email, when you are ready to put a picture in of your first round, so I can get Patrice to change the heading to read what page we start on before you post your picture.

Elle
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 AM

collettakay - Beautiful basket !
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM

I have received Elle's center ...
It really is more grand in person than the picture gives it credit for ....
and, it is definitely Art Nouveua ... now, I am trying to figure out how to make it into Americana! :wink: just kidding ...
It is quite a substantial piece of work, will see what the spirits lead me to ...
really just wanted Elle to know that it is now in my personal possession and a plan is forming <g>
Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by omak
I have received Elle's center ...
It really is more grand in person than the picture gives it credit for ....
and, it is definitely Art Nouveua ... now, I am trying to figure out how to make it into Americana! :wink: just kidding ...
It is quite a substantial piece of work, will see what the spirits lead me to ...
really just wanted Elle to know that it is now in my personal possession and a plan is forming <g>
That was quicker than I thought, will look forward to seeing what you do.

I am finding my last round on the previous IRR to be very challenging, darn thing is mute and won´t talk to me LOL

Elle
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Grumble, grumble, I didn't get Ninnie's today - I suppose it might come tomorrow. Glad you got mine Elle, now I know it is on its way. Another four months, and it will start coming back!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Not until I have worked my magic 8) on it ... LOL

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Grumble, grumble, I didn't get Ninnie's today - I suppose it might come tomorrow. Glad you got mine Elle, now I know it is on its way. Another four months, and it will start coming back!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 AM

My! we are a quiet group ... I was out in the shop yesterday evening, flush with success from the Blood Bank work I had done for the day, and frankly, a bit worn out by having missed my nap.
And, I was looking through a Border book I had happened to buy from Crafters' Choice just before this IRR opened up (which is how I knew I HAD to be a part of this) ... anyway ...
as I pondered the inspirational colors and patterns, I do believe I have successfully named Miss Elle's quilt and a plan is forming.
Behold!
Art Nouveau meets Country Simple!

Do you think the ants might be a little over-simplified???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51507[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51507.jpe  
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

Don't know about the ants, but the pink is picking out the pink in the centre beautifully on my screen. In the grand scheme of things, I doubt if it would notice that they are ants, it would just come across as a tiny print.

I got Ninnie's centre this lunchtime, and ditto the comment above, it is so much nicer in the flesh than in the pics she had posted. The colours of prints she has used are more vibrant, and lots of oriental prints, with touches of gold too. I've designed her border, and got the go ahead from her to try it, but not started yet. I am still mulling a bit. At least it isn't mute like poor Elle's last IRR. Can you post a pic somewhere Elle, so we could 'help' with suggstions?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:51 AM

Well .. it really was just a joke <g>
Although, the name I picked is pretty much art imitating life.
The fabric with the ants is actually deep red, and as soon as I pinned up Elle's center, I knew it wouldn't work ... had the fabric been pink, coral, orange, anything but red, I still wouldn't have used it but it would have worked better.
I was going to use a single fabric around the center, but then I noticed that Elle had already put a frame around it ... so, I am thinking ... use the wood grain and make it look like a framed picture .... on the other hand <g> I am thinking .... in the meantime, hearing that elle almost fainted would really liven things up, don't you think??? :twisted:
Old 10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
Well .. it really was just a joke <g>
Although, the name I picked is pretty much art imitating life.
The fabric with the ants is actually deep red, and as soon as I pinned up Elle's center, I knew it wouldn't work ... had the fabric been pink, coral, orange, anything but red, I still wouldn't have used it but it would have worked better.
I was going to use a single fabric around the center, but then I noticed that Elle had already put a frame around it ... so, I am thinking ... use the wood grain and make it look like a framed picture .... on the other hand <g> I am thinking .... in the meantime, hearing that elle almost fainted would really liven things up, don't you think??? :twisted:
ROFLMBO :shock: :shock: