IRR II GROUP  3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS" >

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Haven't received mine yet.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ai731
I got a card in my mailbox today to say I had a "Signature Required" package waiting for me at the post office. There's a very good chance that it's Elle's centre from Omak. I'll let you know tomorrow - assuming the blizzard we're having lets up long enough for me to drive the 5 miles to the post office in the village!

Jan
I don't remember requesting the signature, but maybe it was because of the priority package I used?
Do I need to have another way of sending things to you?
Sometimes, I don't understand the simplest things, and I sure didn't intend to create a problem for you :cry:
Old 12-11-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Hmm, missed a day or two here - nice to think that LQS board members are on my side, and defending my plea for just shades of blue and white. I got Colletta's centre from Ninnie a couple of days ago, and it is really lovely. It's even nicer, because I bought some fabrics a few days earlier, hoping I was getting the right kind of colours, and what I got will suit very nicely! So I don't have to take another trip to my LQS - thank goodness, as it's over an hour away. So, Colletta, when I have washed the fabrics, I can make a start.
I received Lacelady's center today ... very interesting shade of blue, different than the camera could capture ... as witnessed by the four blues I put next to it that didn't work :?
It is also a good thing that you reminded me that you wanted a blue and white quilt because it is just SCREAMING "I want some RED!" ... but, I will just turn on my mommy ears and listen to Rush Limbaugh and not the quilt center! LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by omak
I don't remember requesting the signature, but maybe it was because of the priority package I used?
Do I need to have another way of sending things to you?
No, no! Not at all! I live in a very rural area with limited mail delivery. Letters and packages small enough to fit in our mailbox get delivered, everything else we have to pick up at the post office in the village. We go to the village regularly for things like milk and gas, so it's no problem at all to pick up our mail, too!

Except that today, I left the house later than I intended to because we had a livestock emergency that needed to be dealt with before I left - so when I got to the post office it was closed for lunch. Our village is so small the post office closes for 45 minutes at noon so that the post mistress can eat lunch, and I didn't get back from the city until late.

I'll pick up the package (whatever it is, it might not even be yours, though I can't think of anything else I'm expecting that might want a signature) either tomorrow, or Monday at the latest.

Jan
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

omak...so glad you got it! Those blues will start dancing together very soon, I'm sure.

ai731...hope your livestock emergency turned out ok...I just hate those! Anyway..the sig might be required either because like you say, it won't fit inyour box..but more probably because it was insured. Thats usually the case with my stuff. And your PO lady eats fast! Mine takes the whole hour.. :evil:
Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

ai731...hope your livestock emergency turned out ok...I just hate those!
Well, it turned out OK in that we now have one more chicken dinner to look forward to :?

Jan
Old 12-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

ai731...hope your livestock emergency turned out ok...I just hate those!
Well, it turned out OK in that we now have one more chicken dinner to look forward to :?

Jan
Coyotes? bummer! Hubby and the boy are out putting up sheep/cattle panels around the receiving pen to keep them out ... after "will he survive the cold" comes the "will he be safe from the coyotes" comes next. <sigh> ahhh, the joys of animal husbandry <g>
Old 12-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Oh..I hate those nasty things!...Unfortunately DH can't shoot them..and neither can I, they look too much like dogs to me. Some of our neighbors can though with no problem, so I usually drop a hint that I've seen some around.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

We have some on the farm, and i always worry when DH and Mortimer are over there. If DH sees one, he will shoot it. I'm not sure that i could, but then again, they could be a danger to us or our dog. they are nasty!!
Old 12-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Jan
Coyotes? bummer! Hubby and the boy are out putting up sheep/cattle panels around the receiving pen to keep them out ... after "will he survive the cold" comes the "will he be safe from the coyotes" comes next. <sigh> ahhh, the joys of animal husbandry <g>
Hope your critters are OK! Do you have sheep or cattle (or both?)

Luckily it wasn't coyotes - though we do have a fair number of them around, I've only ever seen one near the house. They're usually not brave enough to bother the chickens during the day (the coop is quite close to the house) and we lock the chickens up very securely at night.

No, the silly hen choked herself on a piece of string, and we had to put her out of her distress. She'll end up in the freezer, though, so we loose some eggs but gain a chicken dinner.

But in happier news, DH picked up the box from the post office today, and it was indeed Elle's centre from you! Thanks so much for the book and the magazines. I haven't been quilting very long, so I love looking at books and magazines for ideas!

Elle's centre is much more beautiful than the pictures could possibly show, and the border you did is absolutely gorgeous. DH was very impressed when I showed it to him (it helps that he loves bright colours) and commented that it must be a little intimidating to work on something so nice.

I am a little intimidated, that's for sure, but at least I actually have some fabrics in my stash that match it perfectly! In fact I have the exact same fabric she used to border her label, except in purple, so I will probably use some of that, and some other batiks from my stash. I have an inkling of an idea for the next border (or at least a colour scheme, which is half the battle, for me anyway!)

Jan