Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" >

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

Old 10-23-2009, 07:21 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Omak - I've no idea where the HST idea came from, I just thought, what shall I put in the corners? At first I was going to put a square of black then, the floral, then I thought some of each, why not HST? It was pure chance! :D

Thank you Elle - coming from you, that was high praise indeed. :D

Patti - if you start holding things up ON PUROSE :evil: , me and Esq will come on over there and whup your butt! (I think that's the correct Tennessee idiom? :mrgreen: )
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 AM

You know what Kathryn, your border also keeps the "mitered" look in place too, which is what I did with the center...I love that. I know miters are scary for some people, me included, but once you are doing them it's not so bad...and I love the look!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 AM
k3n
Power Poster

You know what, I even thought when I was planning using corner blocks, oh but she did mitres so I should carry on with mitres but I'm too scared! :shock: Then I did accidental mitres! I think this is what they call serendipity. :D
Old 10-23-2009, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
You know what, I even thought when I was planning using corner blocks, oh but she did mitres so I should carry on with mitres but I'm too scared! :shock: Then I did accidental mitres! I think this is what they call serendipity. :D
How come you limeys always mis-spell all the words in the English dictionary???

yes, glad it worked out with the miters... :P
Old 10-23-2009, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Originally Posted by k3n
How come you limeys always mis-spell all the words in the English dictionary???

yes, glad it worked out with the miters... :P
LOL now I want to know what it says in your dictionary for Mitre. Coz in mine it says Mitre. LOL PS I am not a Limey, I am a Haggis LOL
Old 10-23-2009, 09:07 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Oooh Esq - you are now on dodgy ground... :evil:

First, note you said 'English' dictionary, and I am.... English. :mrgreen:

So you'd better get yourself organised with your language issues and schedule (pronounced shed-ule - the 'c' is silent :wink: ) some leisure (pronounced le-sure, with a short 'e' NOT 'leeeeesure' :evil: ) time to learn the Queen's English!!! 8) :lol:

Elle - haggis or no, hen, you CAN at least spell! :D

EDITED to say - at least you lot still use inches, feet and miles unlike these idiot Europeans, who use centimetres, metres and kilometres! :wink: :D
Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 AM

Funny story. There's a dipsh-t lawyer I know who was born in San Ramon, CA. He's of Scottish descent. He bugs the living crap out of me.

He uses words like "shedule" and going on "holiday" and "leazure" instead of leisure...what a freakin dork he is....It's only acceptable if you were born across that pond...Madonna is another one. jeesh, what a bunch of freakazoids.

Oh, and just because you're English doesn't mean you know how to speak proper English. It's proper over here...in case you don't recall, we are the most powerful country in the world, so naturally, what we do is better. period. :)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
some leisure (pronounced le-sure, with a short 'e' NOT 'leeeeesure' :evil: ) time to learn the Queen's English!!! 8) :lol:
Sorry k, but a "fast lesure" is a contradiction to the term. Leeeesure is something to be done with forethought and enjoyed in a slow manner. Not rammed through. lol

One of the German girls here kept using a word "she-dool" emphasis on the dool. I finally asked her what a "she-dool" was coz I didn't think we had those in CA. Color me surprised that she was talking about a run-of-the-mill SKEDJOULE! ha!

The "English" language can be sooooo complicated.

There's a dipsh-t lawyer I know who was born in San Ramon, CA.
I think his vernacular should at least lean toward the Spanish. hehe
Old 10-23-2009, 09:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Oh, and just because you're English doesn't mean you know how to speak proper English. It's proper over here...in case you don't recall, we are the most powerful country in the world, so naturally, what we do is better. period. :)
Hey, don't get upset - I LIKE Americans, some of my best friends are Americans. I was teasing, and anyway, you started it with the mitres - sorry, miters! :mrgreen:
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

R U gals going to start throwing tea bags at each other?????