Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" >

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

Old 11-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Oh...I know...I can't wait to see what JoeAnne did either! When I talked to her on the phone I got the feeling that she is a pretty amazing quilter...I'm soo anxious to see!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 AM
Banned

Trust me, I will have that photo posted ten minutes after I open the package and stop drooling!! :shock: :P :P
Old 11-25-2009, 06:39 AM

Hey Gai, I hope your discussion doesn't mean you don't like what I did with your center. I'm a big girl, and can handle a "gentle" discussion about changing things...I get the impression from all the posts that you were fine with it, but a little voice in the back of my head is saying "maybe you should change it up so she'll like it better"....
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Hey Gai, I hope your discussion doesn't mean you don't like what I did with your center. I'm a big girl, and can handle a "gentle" discussion about changing things...I get the impression from all the posts that you were fine with it, but a little voice in the back of my head is saying "maybe you should change it up so she'll like it better"....

Esq, you silly, silly girl!! I absolutely ADORE the border you did!! Put me on the stand!! I think everyone in this group is absolutely the best, and I couldn't be happier with everyone. So that is why I chose to post that question here, in a "safe zone" so to speak. Does that make sense? Because the subject had been raised, and in order to avoid hurting anyone's feelings or pointing fingers, I thought our group would be the place to do that. I guess I need to pm everyone and let them know that it has nothing to do with anyone in this group. Sorry.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Alright, it seems I'm going to die of frustration before I die of old age...
My first idea was to have the same border that I have here, except with little squares on point running through the center beige strip, but that ended up looking too busy, the focus should be more on the center. Plus I had this really awesome brown leaf print fabric with bits of beige and the colours worked great with the safari print in the center, but looking at it after, the leaf print looked out of place.
Second try, plain borders, but with a 9 patch corner stone, but that looked funny too because the rest of the squares in the center are all on point...
*sigh* Now, my latest attempt is this one here. I wanted to go and get that orange from the center and bring it out in the border, ( I love orange!) but I think it would look better in a larger border, farther from the center. SOOOOOO...
Here goes nothing, tell me HONESTLY what you think. I still have the rest of the day and tomorrow morning until 3 to change anything you don't like about this.

I also felt the need to show you all the painting that's on my living room wall, so you can see how well this quilt would go in my living room... *hint, hint* Ok, I'm just kidding about that, but so far the colours really do look great with my living room, lol!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-57829.jpe   attachment-57830.jpe   attachment-57831.jpe  
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 AM

I love your border, Mel!!! Beautiful choice!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Mel, I really love it. I think the dark brown strips are the perfect frame and the cornerstone squares on point - you're right - echo the squares on point in the centre. :-D

PS It WOULD look great with the artwork in your living room! :mrgreen:
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Banned

Mel, it looks great! And I know what you mean about "too busy". I was going to have JoeAnn's border be ALL square in a square on point, but it was too busy, so I settled for three in a row along each side. Sometimes (many times in fact) less is more. I think your border is spot on! Good job!

Hey! Did you notice how well it matched the art in your living room? :mrgreen: :shock: :P
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 AM

I'm DYING to know what my center looks like with the first border :)
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm DYING to know what my center looks like with the first border :)

I just spoke with JoeAnn. She's mailing tomorrow, and I PROMISE to post a pic as soon as I get it. She wouldn't even describe it to me, the meanie! But just to reassure, JoeAnn is an awesome quilter, and I know she won't disappont!