Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Itty Bitty Crumbs...mini-tut on post #70-71..final pic @post #116 >

Itty Bitty Crumbs...mini-tut on post #70-71..final pic @post #116

Itty Bitty Crumbs...mini-tut on post #70-71..final pic @post #116

Old 01-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

What fun crumb blocks!! Thanks for sharing this!! I make my crumb blocks 3" (finished), and use a 3.5" OminGrid ruler to cute out the blocks. Fun!!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by KyKat View Post
I would go out of my flippin' mind! I hate sewing seams, and I hate to piece (applique and hand-quilting is my thing) so I can't imagine doing this. It's pretty, but that would be my personal hell! More power to you.
Isn't this what makes our board great? We can each enjoy the part of our quilting craft that makes us happy! Boy do I love this Board!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM

Awesome....I love scrapy!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr View Post
Maggiesmom, OMG, Sue! We are all hoping you get BACK TO NORMAL!! soon! Saying a prayer for you each day that your recovery is quick and painless~! Everybody, I can't tell you how excited I was receiving Sue's scraps (that's Maggiesmom) in the mail!! That's why all those pretty fabs you see in my quilts are mainly from her! Many others have given to me too! One nice lady in NH sent me the cutest ISPY fabs and be on the lookout for a kid's quilt coming up soon with those adorable fabs! Well, Sue, you will love this little mini tut I put together this afternoon! Hope you enjoy it and I'm sure some of your scraps will be there too! So many people have questions that I thought the pics would answer it all of how I do this. Enjoy and heal quick! Don't worry about sending me more scraps -- just get your proper rest so you can heal fast! Looking forward to your posting and quilts again! n2! Thank you again, Sue, you are such a blessing to me!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!
Your work with scraps is amazing.
[/QUOTE]

I so agree with every word!!! I too, am a lucky recipient of Sue's wonderful scraps and they are in most of my quilts! So sorry to hear about your shoulder Sue, holding you in our hearts that you will be healed and back with us soon!!! We certainly have missed you!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter View Post
I had a friend say the exact same thing. She started to make some and then gave me a little baggie of what she had
completed when I saw her next and said if I every suggested something like that again she'd shoot herself and then me-hey, we're friends we can say stuff like that without offending. Another became angry with me because they are so addictive once you get into it that you can't make just one-she threw her whole pile at me (in a friendly way) because it was distracting her from her planned sewing (well, she said "real sewing")
LOL Hey as long as she shoots herself first, you are pretty safe, so go ahead and keep introducing those new techniques and projects. We all need to spread our wings a little bit now and then.
Smiles and hugs,
Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr View Post
Your welcome, cleodaisy!! Much quicker too!! Love your striking avatar quilt! Gorgeous!
Thanks lots for your compliment
cleodaisy
Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Isn't this what makes our board great? We can each enjoy the part of our quilting craft that makes us happy! Boy do I love this Board!
Bev - I am right with you there. Everybody does something different. I so enjoy looking at all of it. I am getting too many ideas for something new to sew.
cleodaisy
Old 01-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by cleodaisy View Post
Bev - I am getting too many ideas for something new to sew.
cleodaisy
Me Too!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:54 PM

Awesome! You did a great job disguising the blocks.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

I absolutely love your work and your approach to your art....I like to think of these treasured bits as "fragments of beauty"...crumbs just reminds me of toast