Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Itty Bitty Kitty, Cushion (again) and new WIP >

Itty Bitty Kitty, Cushion (again) and new WIP

Itty Bitty Kitty, Cushion (again) and new WIP

Old 06-18-2009, 09:07 AM

Love the denim quilt too. I have been collecting jeans for a couple years in order to make a quilt. (The class didn't make and I never made the quilt)! I was planning to cut all the seams out. This looks good with the seams. What are you using to back it?
Judith
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM

Hi my daughter gave me an Itty Bitty Kitty and I love it. Where do I get the pattern for this, so would like to make some for friends.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by judithb
Love the denim quilt too. I have been collecting jeans for a couple years in order to make a quilt. (The class didn't make and I never made the quilt)! I was planning to cut all the seams out. This looks good with the seams. What are you using to back it?
Judith
Thanks Judith! The seams are a bit challenging to sew through (have been using denim needles which cope with it all fine) and get to lie flat when you iron, but I finished putting it all together tonight, and the seams really give it character. I have accidentally managed to get one back pocket patch so you can still get your hand in the pocket, so may be fun for a little boy to hide things in, or put his toys in when he sleeps.

I am backing it with flannel, it arrived yesterday from an online store and is now washed and ironed. I have been wisely advised by our friends here that it will need no wadding/batting. Can't wait to put it all together at the weekend!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tousha
Hi my daughter gave me an Itty Bitty Kitty and I love it. Where do I get the pattern for this, so would like to make some for friends.
I bought it from a craft online store here in the UK, but I saw it on their US site:

http://cottonginnys.com/ginnyindex.html

I found it dead easy (I am not an experienced pattern follower!). Where they say to use fabric glue to attach the head to the body, I actually hand stitched it, I thought it would be more durable, and it also hid the 'hole' on the back of the head where you have to put the stuffing in.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the reply!
Love the kitty picture. I had one that looked a lot like it. He was orange and white, the colors of the University of Texas, so I named the cat after the all time best and cutest football coach, Darrell Royal! He was a wonderful cat as DR is a wonderful person!
Will probably start my jeans quilt late summer or early fall for a Christmas gift. Have enough fabric for several!
Judith
Old 06-19-2009, 06:15 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

mary:
the kitty cushion is adorable and I love the colors. I love Jake's denim quilt too. Nice to have a friend like you.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:51 PM

Just tooooo, cute! :-)
Old 06-22-2009, 03:09 PM

Isn't it fun to sew for others children! Both of your projects will be adored by the kids. What size squares did you cut for the denim quilt? Can't wait to see the flannel, it is one of my favorite fabrics, Cindy