Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Jack & Noah's quilts done (twins due in July) >

Jack & Noah's quilts done (twins due in July)

Jack & Noah's quilts done (twins due in July)

Old 06-26-2008, 03:56 AM

Those are great, I like the bigger size too
:D :D
Old 06-26-2008, 04:05 AM

Very nice and the meandering, can I ask how your back didn't shift? I have one almost quilted but the back shifted again on me so i have creases. :cry:
Old 06-26-2008, 04:20 AM
Banned

They are both really cute. Great job!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

Great job!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 AM

Renee wrote:
Very nice and the meandering, can I ask how your back didn't shift? I have one almost quilted but the back shifted again on me so i have creases.
I think I cheated. I guess it helps a lot to have it stretched out on a quilting table. That is my secret. :-)
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! They were fun & easy to make & I have one more to make for a 3 yr old boy. I've already made a baby quilt top for a baby boy due in July & I'm going to get another I spy quilt done for his older brother who just turned 3. I want to give him a quilt when I give his new brother a quilt. Then I'll just have one more baby boy to make a quilt for who is due in August. This has been my summer for baby quilts & I'm also busy trying to get our yard ready for my daughter's garden wedding Sept 6th. So it's gardening on the weekends & quilting on week nights. :D
Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 AM

Okay thanks Pam my machine sits high on the table so what I'm thinking is your machine is dropped in a hole so everything lays flat. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I liked how it turned out except for the creases, I think I'll try some basting spray or something.

still love the quilt.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:17 AM

Renee said:
Okay thanks Pam my machine sits high on the table so what I'm thinking is your machine is dropped in a hole so everything lays flat. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I liked how it turned out except for the creases, I think I'll try some basting spray or something.

still love the quilt.
Actually my quilt layers go on seperate rollers & come together in a sandwich over the table & my sewing machine sits on a little platform & rolls on wheels. The sewing machine moves & the quilt stays put until I have to roll the take up rail to get ready for my next area to quilt. I don't have a long arm machine but it does have a 9" throat so my area of quilting is only about 6" x the width of quilt....but it sure helps me & I can do larger size quilts with it.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 AM

Very Nice!! What kind of machine & frame do you use?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM

Melissa wrote:
Very Nice!! What kind of machine & frame do you use?
It's a Pfaff machine & a Gracie Frame. The machine is great but I've had trouble with the tracks of the Gracie Frame cracking after about 6 mo. of use. Gracie Co has sent tracks twice & I'm not impressed with the durability of the tracks. My husband called Gracie Co to see if they had something better for tracks & they said that it's not happening with everyone's tracks so they haven't made any improvements. I do know there was one other person on this site that was having the same problem with her Gracie frame & it isn't that old either. I'm trying to check into other materials to replace the tracking & may try some 1/8" wide thin aluminum strips when the plastic ones crack again. The plastic tracks look like they are starting to head that direction again. (Just in case you're looking for a table...fair warning). I hope to finish some more baby quilts before I want to take tracking out to try something different for tracking. Sorry...Long story... :D