Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jack & Noah's quilts done (twins due in July)

I finished the 2 "I Spy Quilts" for Jack & Noah due in July. I decided to do larger size quilts instead of a small baby blanket as I thought they would be able to use them longer.

Jack's I Spy Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-13412.jpe
Views: 283
Size:  68.7 KB

Back of Jack's quilt
    Name:  Attachment-13416.jpe
Views: 291
Size:  55.5 KB

Jack's quilt close up
    Name:  Attachment-13417.jpe
Views: 274
Size:  68.5 KB

Noah's quilt is similar but a little different. I also did a 4 patch on the back so that I could use the same material that was in the front of the quilt as I didn't have enough of one color to do the back. I think it worked ok.

Noah's quilt close up
    Name:  Attachment-13414.jpe
Views: 269
Size:  75.0 KB

Noah's quilt
    Name:  Attachment-13415.jpe
Views: 266
Size:  60.3 KB

Ohhh too cute!! Good idea on the bigger size, they sure don't use the little ones for long do they? Congrats on the upcoming event!! How fun to have new twins!!!

Nice quilts! I too like to make my baby quilts larger so they can use them longer.

THose are cute!

Wow, these quilts are sure winners. Lucky little guys!

Blog Entries
    Wow those are cute.

Those are adorable! Lucky babies!

Pam your I spys are sew cute. Love the quilting too.
    Congrats {{{{{{{spoil the twins big time}}}}}}}}

they are adorable!!!! I really like your design idea.

I plan to do one for my new cousin who will be born in August. I am in the process of making him a baby quilt now, well its 54" square, so it will last him longer. But when he gets a little older, perhaps for his 2nd birthday I will make him an I Spy Quilt.

Those are great, I like the bigger size too
    :D :D

Very nice and the meandering, can I ask how your back didn't shift? I have one almost quilted but the back shifted again on me so i have creases. :cry:

Banned
    They are both really cute. Great job!

Great job!

Renee wrote:
    Very nice and the meandering, can I ask how your back didn't shift? I have one almost quilted but the back shifted again on me so i have creases.
    I think I cheated. I guess it helps a lot to have it stretched out on a quilting table. That is my secret. :-)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! They were fun & easy to make & I have one more to make for a 3 yr old boy. I've already made a baby quilt top for a baby boy due in July & I'm going to get another I spy quilt done for his older brother who just turned 3. I want to give him a quilt when I give his new brother a quilt. Then I'll just have one more baby boy to make a quilt for who is due in August. This has been my summer for baby quilts & I'm also busy trying to get our yard ready for my daughter's garden wedding Sept 6th. So it's gardening on the weekends & quilting on week nights. :D

Okay thanks Pam my machine sits high on the table so what I'm thinking is your machine is dropped in a hole so everything lays flat. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I liked how it turned out except for the creases, I think I'll try some basting spray or something.

still love the quilt.

Renee said:
    Okay thanks Pam my machine sits high on the table so what I'm thinking is your machine is dropped in a hole so everything lays flat. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I liked how it turned out except for the creases, I think I'll try some basting spray or something.

still love the quilt.
    Actually my quilt layers go on seperate rollers & come together in a sandwich over the table & my sewing machine sits on a little platform & rolls on wheels. The sewing machine moves & the quilt stays put until I have to roll the take up rail to get ready for my next area to quilt. I don't have a long arm machine but it does have a 9" throat so my area of quilting is only about 6" x the width of quilt....but it sure helps me & I can do larger size quilts with it.

Very Nice!! What kind of machine & frame do you use?

Melissa wrote:
    Very Nice!! What kind of machine & frame do you use?
    It's a Pfaff machine & a Gracie Frame. The machine is great but I've had trouble with the tracks of the Gracie Frame cracking after about 6 mo. of use. Gracie Co has sent tracks twice & I'm not impressed with the durability of the tracks. My husband called Gracie Co to see if they had something better for tracks & they said that it's not happening with everyone's tracks so they haven't made any improvements. I do know there was one other person on this site that was having the same problem with her Gracie frame & it isn't that old either. I'm trying to check into other materials to replace the tracking & may try some 1/8" wide thin aluminum strips when the plastic ones crack again. The plastic tracks look like they are starting to head that direction again. (Just in case you're looking for a table...fair warning). I hope to finish some more baby quilts before I want to take tracking out to try something different for tracking. Sorry...Long story... :D

Blog Entries
    nice happy baby quilts