Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Japan Twist Doll Quilt Pictures >

Japan Twist Doll Quilt Pictures

Japan Twist Doll Quilt Pictures

Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Here's mine. It's a mini OBW made with a blue floral that Rhonda sent me - I must be honest and say I wasn't keen on the fabric at first but now it's had the OBW treatment, I'm really pleased with it! :D I appliquéd some of the leftover kaleidos on the back for a bit of extra interest. I was going to machine FMQ it but wasn't that confident of my abilities so ended up hand quilting a meander. Hope you and the Japanese ladies like it! :D
Yes I love this one too. They are all beautiful. Now I am not so sure about mine. :cry:
Old 07-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

For those of us who were too late to join in this swap, will you all post pictures of your Japanese quilts when you get them please?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
ROFLMBO!!!!

I meant to say K instead of Terri1 I had already seen Terri's and loved it also!!

I Your quilt!!!
Awwwww thanks Ninnie - I feel MUCH better now, my ego is unbruised! :lol:
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by k3n
Here's mine. It's a mini OBW made with a blue floral that Rhonda sent me - I must be honest and say I wasn't keen on the fabric at first but now it's had the OBW treatment, I'm really pleased with it! :D I appliquéd some of the leftover kaleidos on the back for a bit of extra interest. I was going to machine FMQ it but wasn't that confident of my abilities so ended up hand quilting a meander. Hope you and the Japanese ladies like it! :D
Yes I love this one too. They are all beautiful. Now I am not so sure about mine. :cry:
Yours is great! :D
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
For those of us who were too late to join in this swap, will you all post pictures of your Japanese quilts when you get them please?
Course we will!!! I can't hardly wait to see what we get! :D
Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Thank you K, I wish I had joined the board sooner. Perhaps the Japanese ladies might like to do the whole thing again sometime, so that I can put my name down.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Thank you K, I wish I had joined the board sooner. Perhaps the Japanese ladies might like to do the whole thing again sometime, so that I can put my name down.
I hope so! Depends if they like our work I suppose! :? :D
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Everyone has created stellar quilts! I love how they all turned out. You gals are so creative and I can see you went above and beyond for our Japan Twist. I think our Japanese counterparts are going to be thrilled. Let's hope they want to trade again so we can get more participants!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

I sent my package to the post office with DH this morning. He came home and said he had to fill out another address label, and he hoped he got it right! :roll: :roll: I hope so also! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I guess if It comes back to me, I'll take it myself next time. Said he had to fill out a form and put down that it was a gift. It cost him 17.00 :lol: :lol:

The man at the Post Office wasn't much help, said he didn't know much about it, had never sent a package to Japan before!! Ah, life in a very small town!!! :wink:

I had wraped it all lup in paper and put it in a large squishy envelope, I didn't want things to be moving around in it! He didn't say how much it weighted, but I'm sure more than it should! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-07-2009, 02:57 PM

Ninnie,
K3n said she trained her post office lady for international shipping. LOL