Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Jar Placemats.... >

Jar Placemats....

Jar Placemats....

Old 09-10-2010, 07:37 PM

Oh I envy the recipient! Those are beautiful. Maybe I will try paper piecing again. You do such beautiful work, Bill!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Dee

They are too cute. Love them. Good job.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM

I love them! The jars really pop & the napkin really sets it off. Great job!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 AM

Luck customer. The placemats are really pretty. :-D
Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 AM

Since this is her own pattern, I should think you could draw the size, and then subdivide it, and make your own pattern for it. Not too complicated to do.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 AM

Thanks to everyone for checking in - and for your comments...I am pleased that you like them....it is not a complicated project..but is time consuming...I calculated about 1h30-2h00 per placemat...but it really was a fun project to do....

mshawii..
This is my own original pattern....there are lots of jar patterns out there - different sizes and styles..but the placemats pictured were made from a BILL LOCKE DESIGNS original pattern.....there is no "HER" :-)
What you are suggesting is done very often but that's not the way that a COPYRIGHT pattern works..as in this case!

I just wanted to explain how I came about with this pattern.......I have done jar projects before...but everything was bigger than I wanted for a project of this size.....

So I sat down and designed something that I feel is more size appropriate for a placemat...the other jar projects that I have done were regular pieced...and I wasn't able to find a paper-pieced pattern so I thought I would design one of my own....my customer was really interested in a set of placemats and so I thought it would be great to have someting original...and so that's when I came up with this pattern - to be able to do the placemat project for her...... And, since it was my own pattern, I decided to have to put it into work - get it printed and make it my 3rd pattern in my series........

I would also like to add that I like to design the old-fashioned way - I don't do them by computer (not that there is anything wrong with that - this is just a personal choice)..but I sit down with paper and pencil and begins to draw and design the olde way....working out a paper structure, templates....make a prototype to see how it works - getting to to be where I want it...and then after all of that is done - the pattern is born...it takes several days of designing and sewing before the final pattern is ready...but I just loving this new aspect of my quilting - and my passion for anything quilting gets greater every day....

Voila!!! :-)

Just wanted to give a big of a background on this one....
Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM

HI BIll. I am so pleased with my patterns from you. I would like to think the two who posted you could do it yourself or other places for us to go to find other patterns did not mean to send us away from your wonderful patterns. I appreciate you explaining your work. Those of us who do not design our own don't understand the process and time it is given. Thank you for sharing your patterns with us and your kits as well. I did love the napkin touch you added. Love chatting with you too. You are so down to earth and a great friend. HUgs Can't wait for your new patterns/kits.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:45 AM

Smooches Debbie!!!! :-)
New patterns are in the works.....and kits are being planned.......will keep everyone informed as things develop!!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Those are really sweet, you should be very proud of them!!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Thanks Happy Tails... (A fellow Canadian)....
I love Nova Scotia...I lived in Digby for a year!!!