Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Jazzed over "No Waste Windmill" pattern >

Jazzed over "No Waste Windmill" pattern

Jazzed over "No Waste Windmill" pattern

Old 03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful. Great colors.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 PM

I have that book also and can't wait to try it. Please post a pic when it's finished. So cool
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by sewingladydi
I have that book also and can't wait to try it. Please post a pic when it's finished. So cool
Will do. :thumbup: It's going so quick and easy, too. Thanks. :D
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Power Poster

[quote=Quiltgranny]
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Oh so pretty!
Hmmm yes used the glue stick and glue the whole paper onto the top fabric. Also I only used 4 fabrics on top of each other. The paper I used was printer paper maybe it was too thick? I am jus tglad it worked with marking the mat because this patterna dn the sq in a sq are just too much fun. I like both but it is easier to work the square in a square because you do not hav eto worry to much about lay out. I'll post mine too when I get it done along with the square in a square that I made for a yet unborn grand baby. Anna

Now, I'll bet this will look adorable in eye spy prints. :thumbup: What a cute idea! What a very lucky granddaughter you have. I used the paper template, but I used a glue stick to glue the outer edges of the template to the edges of the fabric on top of the stack. The glue stick held the template to the fabric just fine, and since it was glued to the outer edges of the fabric, no glue got on any of the pieces that were to be sewn. Did you try the glue stick trick?

I will try the other method next time and see which way I prefer.

:
Old 03-15-2011, 10:16 PM

Looks really nice. Love the colors in it.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 PM

where can I find your pattern "No Waste Windmill"
"Life's a Breeze"
Kayrn
Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

I love it!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Oh so pretty!
Hmmm yes used the glue stick and glue the whole paper onto the top fabric. Also I only used 4 fabrics on top of each other. The paper I used was printer paper maybe it was too thick? I am jus tglad it worked with marking the mat because this patterna dn the sq in a sq are just too much fun. I like both but it is easier to work the square in a square because you do not hav eto worry to much about lay out. I'll post mine too when I get it done along with the square in a square that I made for a yet unborn grand baby. Anna
I used printer paper, too. I just had to be extra careful with it, as when you cut through it, it does want to slide. I just made sure the paper pieces were still lined up correctly before I proceeded with the second cut through the paper. I used the Elmer's School Glue stick and got the best adherence. Another brand I tried that was specific to fabric did not hold well enough.

Thanks for the tip on the sq in a sq layout. :thumbup: I really look forward to doing that one, too. Looking forward to seeing yours when you're finished. Keep up the great work!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by KJHH
where can I find your pattern "No Waste Windmill"
"Life's a Breeze"
Kayrn
Hi Kayrn,

The "No Waste Windmill" pattern can be found in Anita Grossman Soloman's book "Rotary Cutting Revolution" published last year by C & T Publishing. It's available through amazon.com, and most other quilt shops. Here it is at amazon.com for only $17.53:

http://www.amazon.com/Rotary-Cutting...0285115&sr=8-1
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170443.jpe  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Here is a HGTV clip that shows Anita Grossman Solomon doing the square in a square using the rotary mat cutting technique. There is also another one that shows the Italian block. It is the quilt on the cover of her book Rotary Cutting Revolution. You have to be patient and wait throught the advertising.

square in square
http://www.hgtv.com/video/super-fast...deo/index.html

Italian block
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:S2FmvUTOgXkJ:www.hgtv.com/video/real-simple-quilt-blocks-video/index.html+HGTV+video+quilting+Italian+block&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com