Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Just another slew of minis..... >

Just another slew of minis.....

Just another slew of minis.....

Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by amma
WOW WOW WOW :D :D :D Those are all beautiful!!! Love the handpiecing, that they are mini's, such a beautiful and impressive display of quilts and WIP's :D :D :D

I can't wait to see the other 3 Dimensional work!!! 8) 8) 8)

You all tickle me so much! But I sure am glad those little minis are so well liked! That amazes me! These are old works and sure hope you'll be able to see improvement in my recent works!

Yes, this 3-D stuff is really something to behold. Time-consuming, yes, but well worth it!!! Thanks, amma, for your beautiful sentiments! So much appreciate all of you and your nice words!!! :wink: :lol: :wink:
Old 10-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Well, it might take longer to make a strip quilt if I make the foundations four inches square, but on the other hand <g> I will be able to use SMALLER strips! You have no idea how many of those I have ... wouldn't it be cool to have bitty scraps and just strip them on to the foundation as I finish each project ... I could just keep one container especially for that purpose (along with the twenty three other ones I have + the boxes ) LOL
I have a plan ... it might just work! <g>
Old 10-25-2009, 04:18 PM

WOW -- they are all beautiful! But my favorite is still the blue hearts.... :D
Old 10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

I use to be fascinated with gymnists and ice skaters for the beauty they create. My dad used to say we admire greatly those things we ourselves can't do! I think he is so right! We take for granted what we can do as we are used to seeing our own work but what others do is so breathtaking because we wish we could do it too!!

N2scraplvr - You create beauty for yourself and others to see and it deserves to be appreciated! I am so glad you brought these out of the past and shared them with us!! Now I've just got to try that snail's trail!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Well, it might take longer to make a strip quilt if I make the foundations four inches square, but on the other hand <g> I will be able to use SMALLER strips! You have no idea how many of those I have ... wouldn't it be cool to have bitty scraps and just strip them on to the foundation as I finish each project ... I could just keep one container especially for that purpose (along with the twenty three other ones I have + the boxes ) LOL
I have a plan ... it might just work! <g>
Four-inch sqs. sounds great! The quilt will go fast; that's no so small. Stripping the scraps onto the fdn sounds good; it's called "mile-a-minute piecing" where you prepare them for crumb blocks. I know of one woman who keeps them all linked together and rolled onto empty toilet tissue rolls to have ready for strip pcing, etc., backs of quilts, etc. What a great idea this is! You definitely have the right idea. Let me know how it goes! Good luck putting it together. :wink: :lol: :-) :wink: :roll:
Old 10-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
WOW -- they are all beautiful! But my favorite is still the blue hearts.... :D
Don't you know it!!!! Really do LOVE the color BLUE!!! There are wonderful shades of it to mix and match!! Thank you, sewjoyce, for the very nice compliment!!! :wink: :lol: :-) :wink:
Old 10-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I use to be fascinated with gymnists and ice skaters for the beauty they create. My dad used to say we admire greatly those things we ourselves can't do! I think he is so right! We take for granted what we can do as we are used to seeing our own work but what others do is so breathtaking because we wish we could do it too!!

N2scraplvr - You create beauty for yourself and others to see and it deserves to be appreciated! I am so glad you brought these out of the past and shared them with us!! Now I've just got to try that snail's trail!
One day it hit me why we are so glued to viewing ice skaters and gymnists and it's the "grace" we appeal to and deeply desire! We don't see enough of it displayed, specifically, the ice skating. It mellows us and is so comforting to the psyche. Your dad is right, we admire what we can't do. Thank you so much for seeing something in my work I never saw b4 and hopefully it will be the grace we all internally long for! May the love of the Creator and His creation be seen thru all of us in our work; to Him be the glory forever. Now we want to see your spin on that wonderful old pattern called snail's trail! We are all looking forward to it for sure! Thanks again Rhonda for your super kindness and down-to-earth qualities! :lol: :wink: :lol:
Old 10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

When I get past some orders and some swaps I do plan to try the snail's trail. It has appealed to me for a long time and seeing yours just makes me want to sit down and play with it!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Isn't that funny? When I see your Drunkard's Path, reminds me of how I've always wanted to try it for the "curves" aspect, but don't think I'm ready for curves yet; still trying to keep everything straight! LOL. We will def. have to try ea. other's blocks out and compare notes!! :wink: :lol: :-o :-) :roll:
Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

You'll have to try the new block coming out. It is a Wings block and if you look at my avatar you will see curves but they are an optical illusion. There are no curves in this block! But it looks like there are in a lot of the designs.

As for the Drunkard's path I don't do any more curves than sewing a yoyo onto a background fabric with my sewing machine. Then cut in 4 pieces. So easy!! The only hard part is sewing slowly around the circle of the yoyo. And that isn't hard once you get a feel for sewing slowly and turning it as you go.

I do not do curves!! I tried once to do the Drunkard's Path the old fashioned way and curves and I do not get along!! That is why I was so excited when I figured out the way I do it now. I took Eleanor Burns ideas and changed them some added my spin to hers and got what I do now. It is so much fun to see the designs emerge!!