Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
just finished quilting my niece's new quilt >

just finished quilting my niece's new quilt

just finished quilting my niece's new quilt

Old 02-26-2014, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

after I get the binding done I will try to hang it and get a picture of it in it's entirety (working on binding today) thanks for all the Kudo's I really enjoy working on things like this- where I piece & play until all of a sudden it all comes together & turns into a quilt.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:24 AM

really beautiful. May I ask, where you got the pattern for the geese? Are they paper pieced?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

A great color scheme and lovely quilt
Old 02-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thseabreze View Post
really beautiful. May I ask, where you got the pattern for the geese? Are they paper pieced?
the geese are not paper pieced- about 10 years ago I was on a shop hop and went into a backroom of a shop that had this really awesome quilt hanging on the wall that had geese flying into a sunset- it was a big, pieced quilt- and the shop did not have the pattern available- i could not get those geese out of my head- have looked for that pattern for years- but i found a big coloring book page that had those geese i thought looked right-so, i used that to make the appliques (they are flannel) then i got out some freezer paper and a sharpie- drew a cured wedge - played around with a size i thought would work out for my geese to fly in front of- drew segments---took a while for me to figure out how to put those together - my centers did not go/meet up too well- so i put a 1/2 circle over that section- then i had to figure out a way to make it a rectangle-instead of 'rounded' ... it was all an adventure- of trial & error- trying this & that and getting it to all go together...somewhere out there (from 2004 or there about) there is a quilt pattern with flying geese- and other pieced blocks- it is nothing like my quilt except for those geese blocks.