Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
And just like that frustration turns into satisfaction and a little pride: my one color lone star is finished!!!! >

And just like that frustration turns into satisfaction and a little pride: my one color lone star is finished!!!!

And just like that frustration turns into satisfaction and a little pride: my one color lone star is finished!!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:38 AM

Very pretty :thumbup: Love the orange...
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Candi it is beautiful. I have a hard time keeping orange and pink apart, so I'm glad someone specified it for me. It is so bright and real pretty. I would be proud of it too! Y seams are kinda scary.
Thanks,Melissa. I much prefer orange to pink,,,although I did make a pink quilt too... :-D those Y seams weren't that hard because they are big pieces.
Hope you are doing well..is it hot yet?
We missed spring entirely and headed straight to summer after Memorial Day last week. It rained from Feb to Memorial Day almost every day. Everything is flooded. They've opened dams north of here and coucil bluffs is starting to flood. If it crests much more, the poor people in Hamburg are really going to get hit. Part of the new foot bridge downtown is underwater as is most of the Lewis and Clark landing area.

Hit 100 yesterday and supposed to today too. Taking kids to freebie water sprayground to cool off. I do a ton of quilting work in the summer, more than in the winter time so I hate to lose valuable stitching time by playing outside....but the kids need to cool off and I could have some sun.
We sure could use some of that rain here in FL...ponds are really low and wild fires are so spread..there is currently a fire ban and unless it rains, there will be no fireworks on Independence Day. It is hot here too, but we haven't hit 100 yet.
So sad all the flooding. Take care and yes, do get some sun sessions in between quilting.
It's too bad you can't come back here. Sure would have been awesome to meet you. Annual quilt show is next weekend 16-18th at the same hotel as last year. Should be fun.

I'm working on mostly smaller Xmas present projects at the moment. No quilts planned except a baby quilt in the fall. Want to actually make the Xmas presents this year. Have 2 of 9 done so far.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM

Very pretty. I too completed a wall hanging of the Lone Star! It was my first too before I do a King si9ze quilt of it!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Candi it is beautiful. I have a hard time keeping orange and pink apart, so I'm glad someone specified it for me. It is so bright and real pretty. I would be proud of it too! Y seams are kinda scary.
Thanks,Melissa. I much prefer orange to pink,,,although I did make a pink quilt too... :-D those Y seams weren't that hard because they are big pieces.
Hope you are doing well..is it hot yet?
We missed spring entirely and headed straight to summer after Memorial Day last week. It rained from Feb to Memorial Day almost every day. Everything is flooded. They've opened dams north of here and coucil bluffs is starting to flood. If it crests much more, the poor people in Hamburg are really going to get hit. Part of the new foot bridge downtown is underwater as is most of the Lewis and Clark landing area.

Hit 100 yesterday and supposed to today too. Taking kids to freebie water sprayground to cool off. I do a ton of quilting work in the summer, more than in the winter time so I hate to lose valuable stitching time by playing outside....but the kids need to cool off and I could have some sun.
We sure could use some of that rain here in FL...ponds are really low and wild fires are so spread..there is currently a fire ban and unless it rains, there will be no fireworks on Independence Day. It is hot here too, but we haven't hit 100 yet.
So sad all the flooding. Take care and yes, do get some sun sessions in between quilting.
It's too bad you can't come back here. Sure would have been awesome to meet you. Annual quilt show is next weekend 16-18th at the same hotel as last year. Should be fun.

I'm working on mostly smaller Xmas present projects at the moment. No quilts planned except a baby quilt in the fall. Want to actually make the Xmas presents this year. Have 2 of 9 done so far.
I remember the show from last year. It was a alot of fun. Well, you never know, we may be back at some point.

Good for you on getting some Christmas projects done already, way to go!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Some of you may remember the post I did a while back about my extreme frustration getting the points to match on my lone star. Well, I quilted it before I left for my brother's wedding, bound it this morning and wallah...frustration seems like a distant memory now...all I feel is a sense of satisfaction and some pride for sticking to the project and finishing it...and it is all in orange...my happy color! It is in the wash now...can't wait to dry it and hang it! Yippee!!

Thanks all for looking!
Isn't that a pretty quilt! Those colors are georgeous!
Jeannie
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous!! I love those colors :D:D:D
Old 06-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Very pretty.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

yup, just gorgeous!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-17-2011, 01:34 PM

Beautiful! And so bright and cheery!