Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Just two pieces - two fabrics - whole lot of wow!

Striking!!!
    I see circles.
    Actually, I see a bunch of shapes and patterns.... but my brain keeps going back to circles.

I love this quilt!....

Love it! Love it! Love it! I have two new grandbabies who would love to have this as a play mat. Awesomme work. Thanks for sharing.

Love it! Love it! Love it! I have two new grandbabies who would love to have this as a play mat. Awesomme work. Thanks for sharing.

Your quilt is mesmerizing. Looking forward to your pattern.

Just love your quilt and the colors, a lot of wow

Quilters Cache has a steeple chase pattern very similar. The difference is the curve is two pieces instead of one, and the background is two pieces interchanged. Possibly this could be adapted. Interesting!

Oh wow...I do agree...that is really pretty...I love it...

I found the pattern in Block Base 2 of EQ. Here's the information from the notecard. It's name is Snowball and was published in The Household Journal ca. 1920. In Block Base 2, it's block #1499.

I don't know what that all means.

Quote Originally Posted by rexie
    Me either!

This is so striking. bueatiful

Quote Originally Posted by granniesan
    Me either!
    What it means is -- if you want to make the block with the gentle curves as in the picture in post 1 as opposed to the one from The Golden Thimble which has the higher curve and does not create the optical illusion effect, then you can find the pattern in the Electric Quilt software program if you also have Block Base 2. The pattern is actually located in Block Base 2, not in the block library of the Electric Quilt software.

To find the pattern in Block Base 2, you can do a search by either the pattern number or the name of the block. The pattern number is 1499 and the name of the pattern is Snowball.

According to the additional information provided in Block Base 2 about this pattern, the pattern was originally published in 1920 in the magazine called The Household Journal.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandyMcCoy
    that is a whole lotta wow! Love it:)
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieE
    Me either!
    What it means is -- if you want to make the block with the gentle curves as in the picture in post 1 as opposed to the one from The Golden Thimble which has the higher curve and does not create the optical illusion effect, then you can find the pattern in the Electric Quilt software program if you also have Block Base 2. The pattern is actually located in Block Base 2, not in the block library of the Electric Quilt software.

To find the pattern in Block Base 2, you can do a search by either the pattern number or the name of the block. The pattern number is 1499 and the name of the pattern is Snowball.

According to the additional information provided in Block Base 2 about this pattern, the pattern was originally published in 1920 in the magazine called The Household Journal.

It always amazes me how intrepid you all are in finding the "original" patterns for things I've made. I've searched and searched but have not been able to find a duplicate of the quilt that I posted. I'm sure that EQ has to be a great (and rather pricey) resource - but not one that I have been able to afford. If anyone is interested in purchasing a pattern more economically ($4), I am willing to send you templates in any size up to 8" blocks with fabric requirements, cutting, piecing, and setting instructions.
    I'm happy to share with all of you. That's what the Board is all about. I still have bills to pay, as we all do, and have had a disastrous couple of years. If you are interested - PM me. We can work out the details.

Me either!

Now, I get it. What a wonderfully knowledgeable group we have! Thank you!

Me either!

Now, I get it. What a wonderfully knowledgeable group we have! Thank you!

That pattern is just mesmerizing! Wonderful job. I will watching for the pattern.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5