Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
La Passacoglia >

La Passacoglia

La Passacoglia

Old 03-24-2017, 01:46 PM

Default La Pass

I was up at 5am and after 8 hours I managed to cut out the star parts and sew them on, this is a job and a half lol....here is #3 and the first two, two more big ones to go and then all the little ones
Attached Thumbnails number3.jpg   all-2.jpg  
Old 03-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

oh my, do you join them by hand? I would think that easier than by machine. beautiful work!!
Old 03-24-2017, 02:51 PM

Nat all my work is by machine all the time...
Old 04-07-2017, 08:44 PM

Default Cog 3

Another two days of straight sewing. I have to take a break after I finish one of these wheels and regroup lol. Here is 3one more large cog to go and here are all 3 of them
Attached Thumbnails dsci0014.jpg   dsci0016.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 11:15 PM

Are you sewing on each piece, by machine, on the line, dot to dot, right sides together, then Flipping it? It's hard to imagine how you are doing all these y-seams by machine. I would want to sew, flip, tuck the other seam allowance under, then hand sew that other half of the y-seam. This is not what you are doing, so I'm going to wait for your pics of how you machine sew this and/or a video. I think you are on to something new and adventurous (and brave). .....You go girl.....we are all cheering you on.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:11 AM

I like that you made the pieces bigger and I am thinking I may do that also. I have made the La Pass with the smaller pieces by hand and I would like to make another one and if the pieces were bigger it would be easier. I did not EPP when I made my first one. I just marked 1/4 seam line and sewed them together. It worked fine. I want to make another one and do a better job fussy cutting the pieces. I have lots of projects in my brain so ....... you have given me the idea of making the templates bigger and I like that.

Your La Pass is looking great!

Last edited by sinceresissy; 04-08-2017 at 03:12 AM. Reason: add on
Old 04-08-2017, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Off to a great start. I sure look forward to seeing the pictures of your progress on this one.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:15 AM

[QUOTE=Jane Quilter;7800367]Are you sewing on each piece, by machine, on the line, dot to dot, right sides together, then Flipping it? It's hard to imagine how you are doing all these y

Yes, I am sewing all this on the machine. I could never do all this work by hand. I would go out of my mind lol. I admire anyone doing this by hand. Y-seams, dot to dot, is no big deal to me. I am used to it and bias is my friend lol. Now I did enlarge the templates to double the size, so this will be a king size quilt.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by sinceresissy View Post
I like that you made the pieces bigger and I am thinking I may do that also. I have made the La Pass with the smaller pieces by hand and I would like to make another one and if the pieces were bigger it would be easier. I did not EPP when I made my first one. I just marked 1/4 seam line and sewed them together. It worked fine. I want to make another one and do a better job fussy cutting the pieces. I have lots of projects in my brain so ....... you have given me the idea of making the templates bigger and I like that.
Your La Pass is looking great!
I didn't mark anything. What I did is, I taped on my machine where the inset started and as I got to the end of the piece, I just eyeballed the 1/4 ins and stopped. I leave a longer thread because I don't lock the seam. I use a 1 1/2 stitch length so it will not ravel and when I quilt it, it will all be fine. I will probably start the next big one today and will take some beginning pics.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:58 AM

I so admire those who tackle this astounding feat. Beautiful.