Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Labyrinth with Flowers?

Tough choice! I like em all! I would probably do like you said and make a block of each to see!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Power Poster
    i loved the blue your block is great!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Good choice. Nice block.

I so want to make this quilt. I will be following you to see the finished quilt. Beautiful fabric no matter which you pick.

You know this quilt is not really hard to make. It's just strips with half square tri's sewed to the ends of the strips, some black etc and then they are sewed together with the white strips. I will posts more pics as I am doing it. I will start block B in the green set.

Blog Entries
    #2 or 3 is what looks best to me.

I say make a block of each to see which one you like the best.

LOVE the second set of fabrics...

QM
    Nice work. good for you.

Very beautiful block. This is on my bucket list and it may move up to the top of my list! lol I have seen pics of this quilt made up on this board but I am unable to locate a pattern. Do you have any info on where I could purchase the labyrinth pattern? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Very beautiful block. This is on my bucket list and it may move up to the top of my list! lol I have seen pics of this quilt made up on this board but I am unable to locate a pattern. Do you have any info on where I could purchase the labyrinth pattern? Any help would be appreciated.
    Just write to the quilt mag and ask them nicely for it lol....that's what I did.

labyrinth Walk

Block B. As promised, I used the second choice fabrics of greens and I really like it. Block B was a bit more work that the A block but one has to be careful and recheck everything twice.

I cut a bunch of the white strips and just had them to the side for when I needed them, I would just cut what I needed. It is important to be real precise. Use the same brand ruler to cut.

When adding the half Sq tri's, make sure to check the pattern so these are place like the pattern shows, it's easy to put them on the wrong end and so on.

When cutting the HST to add to the strips, Instead of cutting at 3 7/8 squares as listed, I cut them at 4. I folded them in half and pressed. I then folded and pressed the strip end to match. I then put the square on top of the strip, lining up the pressed creases. The square will hang over the strip. Now sew the middle seam and then I cut off the extra hanging over, measure the strip and cut off that extra piece. I do this to because when sewing on the bias, the fabric tends to pull in and distort just a bit, but by doing it this way, I find I get a better looking strip.

And
    BTW, I cut all the strips on the straight of grain. That eliminates stretching of the strips when sewing.

The first pic shows everything labeled, which is very important. The second pic shows two areas of section and pic three shows them sewed together. Again, check the pattern to make sure. The most time I took was checking to make sure and I didn't rip at all this time lol. Pic 4 shows several section all marked, section 1,2 etc. The last pic shows the two blocks together.

I will make the next block out of the third choice and then I will pick which one I am going to finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is going to be fabulous ! Great choice. I would like to make this pattern, but lack the confidence.

I am not going to do the third choice as I like the above two more and now I can't decide which one lol.

I don't have a clue about this pattern but I like the purple (black?) with the blue the best. It looks like you could just step into the block and walk down the corridor. What an illusion of depth perception! Love it...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt.
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

Thank you. Will write to the magazine and see if they will provide the pattern for me. I appreciate your quick response to my question.

I can see why you're having a hard time deciding! Both came out really nice.
    My favorite is still the first one though.

#1 all the way
    WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, CUT UP FABRIC
    God Bless the broken road that led me straight to you.
    http://csquares.blogspot.com
    conniesquilts.net
    http://www.pic4ever.com/images/treeswing.gif

Blog Entries
    Oh I DO like it with florals! they really allow the shadow effect to come thru.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

I have finished the 5 "A" blocks and cut the strips for the 4 "B" blocks. Hopefully I can finish those within the next few days.

All the blocks are done and here they are on the board. I now need to sew then together and then make the three borders and then I will be able to see a better effect.

I have just enough fabric left to finish the borders, I was a bit worried. I will post another pic when it is quilted.

DH loves this quilt and has requested a king size for his bed lol. He says he wants to imagine falling into bed. I think this quilt is really a man thing. I will let him pick his fabrics.

Son will probably request one too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh that's coming out beautifully!

Now I want to figure out if it is possible to do one that you can "walk" all the way through from top to bottom. Looks like on this one you can go a few blocks, but not all the way. I know, not a big priority to anyone but a nerd like me. Lol!

Keep showing us pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Oh that's coming out beautifully!

Now I want to figure out if it is possible to do one that you can "walk" all the way through from top to bottom. Looks like on this one you can go a few blocks, but not all the way. I know, not a big priority to anyone but a nerd like me. Lol!

Keep showing us pictures!!!
    I think after the rest of the white goes on it will be all the way through, these are just the blocks, more to come lol.

Blog Entries
    Love it! You made the right choice with the fabrics. Please share the info on the selvege of the green floral, the batik leaf, and the other leaf. I love florals and haven't seen those. You sure put that together quick! Can't wait to see it finished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast