Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My next Scraps and Crump Quilt >

My next Scraps and Crump Quilt

My next Scraps and Crump Quilt

Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM

You did a great job with this, I don't know why you would buy the pattern after drafting it so well yourself.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Hi, Rosey, I really like your large version of the pickled dames. I have practiced two pickles so far and as you said previously, I watched how I pined and lined up the arc and it turned out much better.

I interupted another project to make a few of these to practice and as soon as I finish the Rhubarb & Ginger cat quilt, I will go back to the pickles. I am having so much fun, but easily distracted. I am also working on a spiderweb to eat some multitudes of scraps.

I am really moving in twelve directions. All good!
peace
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM

Wow very challenging,keep us posted
Old 06-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

SO cool! Thanks for sharing your hard work!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Hi, Rosey, I really like your large version of the pickled dames. I have practiced two pickles so far and as you said previously, I watched how I pined and lined up the arc and it turned out much better.

I interupted another project to make a few of these to practice and as soon as I finish the Rhubarb & Ginger cat quilt, I will go back to the pickles. I am having so much fun, but easily distracted. I am also working on a spiderweb to eat some multitudes of scraps.

I am really moving in twelve directions. All good!
peace
Oh good Ube, I'm glad it's working out for you. I had to redraft the larger pickle as something didn't jive. I soon found out what I did wrong with the pattern. I have redrafted and this time, I am also going to have less spikes. As soon as I finish one today with the new draft, I will post it.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 AM

Now that I have finished the Cross charm, The H Charm and figured out the Pickled Clam, I am looking at the famous Labyrinth Walk. I have the pattern and the corrections and as soon as I decide on the fabrics choices, I will make a new thread and you can take the journey with me. You all know it ain't going to be grey, right?

In the meantime I still have to devote some more time to my pickles but will take time out from those to do the Labyrinth.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:01 PM

Default Pickled Dames

I had to redraft the large pickle again because three of them wouldn't fit together. I found out what I did wrong. The entire design has to be contained in the circle that you draw, Where I made my mistake is, I drafted the clam and added the 1/4 inch seam and that was a no no, the seams are added after you cut the entire design apart. Here are the three new ones that sewed together perfectly and on top to compare size, are the original smaller ones.

I did do that with the smaller version but I guess I wasn't paying attention. Anyway here are three new large Dames. Notice the one with the orange flowers? It seems to pop off and go into the collar. There is a story to go with that fabric.

One of my most dearest girlfriends, her name was Margy. She would wear this colorful dress and I just loved it. So, one day I said to her, if you ever finish wearing out that dress, please give it to me. So, I got the dress one day and proceeded to rip it apart and saved all the useable parts and stored them in my trunk and that must have been about 10 years ago more or less.

I had made a little doll out of that fabric and call her the Margy doll and now I have a Pickled Margy Dame, lol...
Attached Thumbnails dsc00057.jpg   dsc00058.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 01:07 PM

I think I will continue to make both sizes here and there and will keep you posted when I do more. I have caught the Labyrinth bug and I am ready for that. I have read the instruction twice lol. Boy! is there a lot of cutting. It will take me some time to pick the fabrics as I am not doing grey, green or otherwise lol. I figure a Labyrinth has foliage and perhaps a few flowers sticking out here and there, it will be an experience. I will post in a new thread with it.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

Hi Rosey, I think the poppy is at the top of my most favorite flower list, so I love that fabric and the back story. All the 'Pickled Dames' are great. It is a true pleasure to watch your work. You put the most amazing patterns together with the most fun variety of fabrics. Thanks,
peace
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Hi Rosy,
I have been reading this thread and really like what you are making here. Can you tell me how in the world does this end on the top and bottom to finish the quilt? half circle inserts?