Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Laid my blocks out today...not real impressed, oh well lol >

Laid my blocks out today...not real impressed, oh well lol

Laid my blocks out today...not real impressed, oh well lol

Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 AM

I cast my vote to #1, but think everyone of them is very nice. Cannot believe your family said it was ugly. Whoever wins this raffle quilt is a lucky ducky and will love it! Nita
Old 03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Barb, I love you, I love you, I absolutely love you. I have been looking for the perfect pattern to do for grandbabies twin size quilt for over two years. Her mom wants, merlot, pink and white. Color is relative, so by merlot, I mean between a fuschia and a raspberry. Yeah, non quilters think you can pull any color, and print, out of a magic hat.
I have the fabrics, but couldn't find anything that just fit. This is so gorgeous! I think hubby has a very good eye too! oh, this is it! I have books, so can probably put something together, when I get ready, lol. Btw, did I mention that i just love you? :D
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM

Barb,

Have you shared this picture with our HD board?? They will sooooo love it! That is the most beautiful quilt, I don't care what you say, gorgeous quilt!!

It's a beautiful poem too, very fitting. I have tried to incorporate the HD logo into fabric and I just can't get it done. What a beautiful tribute.

I've often thought about making something for the clinic here...but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Girl, you inspire me!

Melissa
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barb M
Originally Posted by b.zang
Yup, another #3er. I think it's because you added the wallhanging with the roses in the middle.
What makes that wall hanging an HD wall hanging? Are roses associated with HD?
I'm calling it an hd wallhanging because the wallhanging i am giving as a gift to the hd clinic at ubc to be hung on the wall in the waiting room, as a thank you for all they've done for me, and the roses, i just made that up myself. The wallhanging will have a poem on the label that will say this:
I am a rose that has no stem, but i am not alone
Many leaves surround and care for me, and help me through life's storms
I am a rose, and i have Huntington's Disease
And someday soon, all roses will have stems

So it's just something i made up. And the queensize quilt, that i'm struggling with now lol, is going to be a raffle quilt, and the money will go directly to the Michael Haeyden lab at ubc, he's one of the top researchers in the world working on hd :) And im going to make an annual raffle quilt.

Thank you so much everyone4 for your ideas. Funny when you have a bunch of blocks, and think they're gonna look a certain way, but then you lay them out and oh crap lol lol

I agree with everyone, i'm working on adding a burgandy border around the centre part, just like the wallhanging, that will make it pop more, and im making a few more changes too, that i will lay out and show you guys when i have them done :) :) :)

Sharon, hd is, it's huntington's disease, im in the eqarly stages, but doing real good, it's kind of like a mix between alzheimers and parkinsons :) :) :)
Thanks for answering that.

UBC is as lucky to have you as you are to have them.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 PM

B.Zang, feel free to Google it. Though the disease is becoming more prominent, it still lacks much needed awareness. A good site is www.hdac.org.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 PM

I love your color choices. I can't decide on which layout I like best. It's going to be beautiful. Nice job!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Power Poster

I agree #3 Is the big winner , but all of them are beautiful :lol: Are the smaller flowers Paper pieced ? It is a great pattern ! Hope you raise lots of money :thumbup:
Sharon
Old 03-21-2009, 05:11 AM

You sound like me...by the time I am almost finished a quilt it looses it's sparkle. If it continues to bother you I am sure any one of us will be happy with it.
Just beautiful
Beth
Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Beautiful.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM

i just love love love these :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)