Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Land Scape >

Land Scape

Land Scape

Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ladyredhawk
I am so grateful you sent this website. I had seen the orig. show yrs. ago & I was inspired enough that I started buying landscape fabrics & bought the book. Then life changed til I haven't gotten to try a landscape yet. I hope you all watch the videos because they will spark everybody. They sure do me.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned

What a breath taking quilt, You did a stunning job. god bless.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 PM

ty
Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
I am so grateful you sent this website. I had seen the orig. show yrs. ago & I was inspired enough that I started buying landscape fabrics & bought the book. Then life changed til I haven't gotten to try a landscape yet. I hope you all watch the videos because they will spark everybody. They sure do me.
Pat I recently did the same as you, watched the show, ordered the dvd and then starting collecting fabrics, even get them out every now & then...lol still haven't had a chance to try it.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:33 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

What beautiful quilts, so original and beautiful workmanship. You should enter these in a show,
Old 08-27-2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
What beautiful quilts, so original and beautiful workmanship. You should enter these in a show,
Thank You so much for saying that. I have been thinking about the shows. How do you do that?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:12 AM

You can tell you love doing it because of the fantastic job you do. They are beautiful
Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Originally Posted by Pat G
Pat I recently did the same as you, watched the show, ordered the dvd and then starting collecting fabrics, even get them out every now & then...lol still haven't had a chance to try it.

It's ironic this discussion about landscape quilts has taken place this wk. because the Nancy Zieman landscape show is on TV again this morn. Her first point about them is using ombre fabrics. It'll make me look at ombres a lot closer now.

For me, if I decide to make one, I'd have to clear the decks of everything else so I could focus just on it. I love doing pcs. that I can create as I go. I find if I just open my mind, even I'm amazed at what falls out. LOL
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Your trees look terrific! Hope that the real leaves don't turn colour too soon. :-)
Old 08-28-2010, 10:18 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Janet Orfini
Originally Posted by pennyswings
Thank You so much for saying that. I have been thinking about the shows. How do you do that?
Janet honestly you are asking the wrong person. Most quilters enter their work in local fairs and shows though how you would find out where they are before they happen I would not know.
I am sure there are people on this forum that would be better qualified then I am to answer this question.
Your quilts are so beautiful that I am sure they would win if not on originality alone,