Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: a landscape, work in progress

Thanks Amma, Ninnie is hounding me to post my latest and not so great work, so here it is. shhhh, don't tell anyone what I am doing will you?

laying it out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the picture that we are playing with, I hope that you see the resemblance!

Wow CB you are doing a spectacular job on this! It is beautiful!

Its looking great to me. You have a lot of pink and red that doesn't appear in the photo, so I'm guessing thats artistic license at work. I think you are using half hexagon shapes, is that correct?

Keep up the good work, it will be a beauty when you are done.

Cheers, Ellena

Your quilt top is gorgeous! Is it a print that you're cutting into strips (that's what it looks like at lower left) or are you piecing in each flower shape or what?

see the resemblance? wow, Cutie, you have conquered this thing!
    Are those kaleidoscope pieces? If they are, I'm gonna have to get Gai, and we're coming to check your pulse...your on high speed...there should be flames behind you, girl!
    hand to my chest,
    means I'm impressed :mrgreen: beautiful!

They are done in a stack and wack fashion, I used two prints, one blue(which is on the back of Lacelady's doll quilt ) and this print that I am posting. The strips are cut 1 3/4 inch before doing the 60 degree angle (equalateral triangle), To get the effect that I wanted I had to cut them small and the repeat was 6 inchs and didn't want to chance getting the same blocks. I just barely had the fabric for one repeat in the blue and 2 meters on the flowers.

Some might want to come and take my temp as I have to do 4 quilts and I had about 2 weeks to do them in.

fabric
    Name:  Attachment-45598.jpe
Views: 81
Size:  74.3 KB

few few to see if it would work
    Name:  Attachment-45599.jpe
Views: 77
Size:  87.4 KB

Breathtaking!

Oh my goodness... that is absolutely amazing! Look at all the work, lucky there's no time limit! ;-)
    Dude, that is looking sensational, it's going to be stunning when it's done!

Can anyone join in this challenge?

Once again, my cute pink monkey friend, you astound me. How does your brain get these ideas...and where can I get hooked up to what inspires you?
    There are so many pieces. I would have been intimidated from the get go..incredible. Wait till the others see it...shall I hop on Jack Sparrow and go find them, or just let them 'happen upon it'? :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Oh my goodness... that is absolutely amazing! Look at all the work, lucky there's no time limit! ;-)

Blue, since Cutie is not here, she would be ecstatic for any and all to join in...but she sure posted the bar high, didn't she? :D

Anyone and everyone can join the challenge, I encourage any that wants to do it that they jump in with both feet. So far Ninnie, Ducky and Amma are supposed to be doing it. I am apparently the one that is most nuts and have started before everyone else.

Please feel free to join in, it is just for fun, but I think we will get a large variety of looks, and to see how each of us sees the picture. I had the picture for a long time, and always thought it would make a beautiful landscape, but having never done one, hadn't tried. Now Cutebuns has really challenged us and what a stunner hers is.
    I feel so out of my league with her master piece, but I am going to try, and I hope lots more join in the fun! :D :D

I made a landscape for the last doll quilt swap, and really enjoyed it. For the longest time I've been wanting to do something similar.... working from a photo taken at our bach (kind of a beach house). It's on a very remote and wild coastline, and I have heaps of stunning photos.

Cutebuns has definitely set that bar wayyyyyyy higher than I can reach, all those tiny pieces are very intimidating. But the overall look is SO worth it!

WOW beautiful picture and what a great job, what size are all those little stack and whacks they loock titchy.

Elle

The only bar I set was how nuts one can be and still stand upright on occasion. No one and I mean no one that wants to do it let what I did stop you from doing it and or posting it. I have never seen a landscape done like this, you will have to let me know if there is one or more out there. I still don't have any idea where the idea came from to do it like this.

So one and all come and participate, even if you only encourage those that want to do it.

I had wanted to do a landscape for a while, just didn't know where to start or anything, jumped on poor Ninnie there when she showed us her picture. I didn't think that I would be doing it so soon, just worked out that way.

The strips for it are cut at 1 3/4 and 6 go in per block, I always want to call it a square, but it is anything but square.

CB, You've outdone yourself, lady. That is simply gorgeous and so very creative. Very well done and Bravo!

I saw a similar one on Fons and Porter this morning. They used black tulle over the top of it. -It was beautiful as I am sure yours will be.

Blog Entries
    Cutebuns, you rock! That is awesome.

Thank you so much everyone, I am pecking t the pieces and they are getting done, It won't be too long now before they are all in strips, My mom did some pressing so that is part way done and then the strips will go together fairly fast, I then need to decide on borders as it has to grow in size and now other way to do it.

Some of you are going to ohh and ahhh over the help, but all felt was fear seeing this. Good thing that there isn't as many loose pieces as there once was.

Oh my goodness, it's lovely! Keep going...I have to see the finish!

Outstanding - I will be watching for all of the interpretations.

Feel free ladies, it is a lot of fun, :mrgreen: Honest, would I lie to you? :shock:

Celebration time everyone so crack a cold one and drink up, (no matter if it is water, juice or something stronger.) I have the strips together, Nana is in the process of pressing some of them, she is a lot of help right now. So here is what I have so far!

Fantastic! I just don't know how to do everything you do. I've told you before, and I know I will again, but you really are amazing.

Thanks Ducky, you all are really going to make me blush! :oops:

It is all the wonderful help that I have around here, yeah that is it, I am willing to lend the help out perminantly.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast