Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
latest thing off the machine >

latest thing off the machine

latest thing off the machine

Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

I have not yet finished any of them quilted yet, I only have the small one ready for that and it will just be on the small machine, the big one I am hoping to get some practice on the big machine with it, not sure, maybe I will wait and see how yours looks.

BTW, my design wall is just a sheet hung against the garage door so I can't just stick a pin in it, i had the oldest dd help me lay them out and then we discussed it, not that she was really interested in doing it at the time.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I did a Pansy OBW a while back that is now a topper on our bed - I FMQd that, was my first attempt! I don't think there's really any point in doing anything fancy (even if i was capable! LOL) because the pattern's so busy you wouldn't see it. My little girl loves taking things off the wall an re-arranging them (she's 4!) so I have to put them high enough so she can't reach - she THINKS she's helping but when you've just spent an hour finding an arrangement you kind of like the she's taken 'em all off.... grrrr! LOL
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

maybe if I figure out a pattern that will fit into the hexagon, though I like the fmq idea, it is faster than doing all the starting and stopping of the indivisual design. though it would be fast if i could do it in a continuous line. I am still messing around with the wee ones quilt, lots of breaks today. I am a little tired.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cutebuns
maybe if I figure out a pattern that will fit into the hexagon, though I like the fmq idea, it is faster than doing all the starting and stopping of the indivisual design. though it would be fast if i could do it in a continuous line. I am still messing around with the wee ones quilt, lots of breaks today. I am a little tired.
i think - and it's only my opinion! - that the FMQ works because it doesn't highlight the individual hexs, which I think is what give the best effect - then the design kind of blends into one, if you know what I mean? And I HATE sewing ends in so as you say - start and stop in one line is great! PLUS it's all I can do on the machine at the moment... :oops: :lol:
Old 06-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

I am trying to practice my machine skills and get better at what I can do and try new things. The feathered wreaths today are driving me nouts, all the starting and stopping is killing me. The rows seem never ending, Though I think that there is only one after the one that I am working on, and then it will be nap time.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:54 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Then you're braver than me! Enjoy a well-deserved nap!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

nuts maybe but not brave, Nuts to think that using three colors that needed to be switched all along was high hopes. I want to finish it today and I am just about out of steam. I have so much else as well that I want to do.

I meant to ask you where in France do you live, k3n?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:05 PM
k3n
Power Poster

I know that feeling of so much more that you want to do!

I'm in the South West part, near Limoges. And it's hot and sticky - think we're headed for a storm! I know Alberta is in Canada (I lived in New Brunswick for two years as a child) but what does the 'Legal' part mean? Is there an illegal part? Oh, just realised, it's probably the name of the town or region, right?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

it is a very little town just north of Edmonton. I have an aunt that lives in France and I went to see her once, but she has moved since then, just give me a min and I will see if I can find the name of the town where she is now.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Shame it's not the 'legal' part and there's also an 'illegal' part - guess you've heard that before a million times!