Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Look what I made for my daughter tonight!!! >

Look what I made for my daughter tonight!!!

Look what I made for my daughter tonight!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:48 PM

That's just awesome! Gives hope for the future :) DH and I do most of the lessons with our older youth in our church and we did one that challenged them to think about what they really needed with them when they left the house. How many are permanently attached to their cellphone, but can never remember to bring their Bible anywhere, even to church? Even after a couple years with us they still haven't realized that we actually use the Bible for each lesson we do so they moan and groan having to walk over to the church to pick up a few and then take them back. Sheesh! Anyway, rant over. That is a great idea though!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:50 PM

Neat bag - awesome daughter.......you must be so proud of her!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned

Ditto to ALL of the above!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by moonangel12
That's just awesome! Gives hope for the future :) DH and I do most of the lessons with our older youth in our church and we did one that challenged them to think about what they really needed with them when they left the house. How many are permanently attached to their cellphone, but can never remember to bring their Bible anywhere, even to church? Even after a couple years with us they still haven't realized that we actually use the Bible for each lesson we do so they moan and groan having to walk over to the church to pick up a few and then take them back. Sheesh! Anyway, rant over. That is a great idea though!
I don't think younger kids should be attached to cell phones, they are still kids. My daughter is 14 and she just got a pay as you go phone, but it's just for when she goes away on school trips so I know when to pick her up and for when she goes by her dad. I think it's funny because my kids have all the "cool toys", the x-box, the wii, ninteno ds', and they never play with it, it all just sits in their closet. I'm glad they don't occupy all their time with the video games and such. They play, like kids are supposed to. We sew, cook, garden, we do chores together, I have them help me with any project I'm doing on the house. They are learning a lot more than any video game will ever do.
Lol, a cell phone is NOT a necessity for a kid to bring to church.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:15 PM

:)
Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
Originally Posted by moonangel12
I don't think younger kids should be attached to cell phones, they are still kids. My daughter is 14 and she just got a pay as you go phone, but it's just for when she goes away on school trips so I know when to pick her up and for when she goes by her dad. I think it's funny because my kids have all the "cool toys", the x-box, the wii, ninteno ds', and they never play with it, it all just sits in their closet. I'm glad they don't occupy all their time with the video games and such. They play, like kids are supposed to. We sew, cook, garden, we do chores together, I have them help me with any project I'm doing on the house. They are learning a lot more than any video game will ever do.
Lol, a cell phone is NOT a necessity for a kid to bring to church.
I totally know what you mean! We have had to take them away b/c they would keep messing with them. It's DH's sis and cousin that were the worst (freshmen in college now). I mean, it's not like were too far out of the loop - mid 20's - but it's just crazy how much technology has changed life in just the past few years! We shake our heads and roll our eyes, but in the end we're not their parents. I want to teach our children different things in life... like you said, sewing, cooking, gardening, etc. DH's sis was appalled a few weeks ago when her cell phone screen cracked and they sent her to another store with paper directions to get another one! She didn't have her GPS with her and was ranting and raving about it the whole time! DH and I just laugh, that's about all we can do...
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM

That is awesome of your daughters youth group to stand tall with our Lord. I am so proud of all the youth that stand on what they believe. When my DS was in High School his English teacher told the students to do a book report on any book in the library. So he done one of the books of the Bible. The teacher tried to tell him that was not acceptable. He flat out & told her that it IS a book from the library & she said any book from the library. So all in all, she had to give in & except it. By the way, he is now a Pastor of his own Church. They even tried to tell him & a few other kids that they couldn't read & talk about the bible during their lunch hour. That didn't go over very well with the students either. The teachers were told as long as they don't talk about it in the class room, they couldn't stop them. He was kind of a rebel when it came to his Lord. He wouldn't back down for anyone.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Halo
That is awesome of your daughters youth group to stand tall with our Lord. I am so proud of all the youth that stand on what they believe. When my DS was in High School his English teacher told the students to do a book report on any book in the library. So he done one of the books of the Bible. The teacher tried to tell him that was not acceptable. He flat out & told her that it IS a book from the library & she said any book from the library. So all in all, she had to give in & except it. By the way, he is now a Pastor of his own Church. They even tried to tell him & a few other kids that they couldn't read & talk about the bible during their lunch hour. That didn't go over very well with the students either. The teachers were told as long as they don't talk about it in the class room, they couldn't stop them. He was kind of a rebel when it came to his Lord. He wouldn't back down for anyone.
That's great that he stood up for his belief. I don't know why they try to make a big deal out of it.