Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Looking for ideas for borders for my Kaleidoscope quilt >

Looking for ideas for borders for my Kaleidoscope quilt

Looking for ideas for borders for my Kaleidoscope quilt

Old 01-23-2010, 01:07 PM

I love your quilt. I think it has enough pattern that it doesn't need more in a border. It can stand on its' own and I'd add a small border of a darker color and then another one of lighter material and bind it. I think a busy border takes away from the beauty of the quilt but I really like the third one, I don't think I've see that used before. Isn't nice everyone has so many different opinions. But the person to please is you.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous, and so are the others. I like the idea of keeping it simple since there is so much going on, but then I see the other pix and oh boy, I am sure you will pick out the right one --- eventually. Post it when you are done!! Again, it is gorgeous!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt. I like what you are playing with in EQ6 for border treatment. I also like Dunster's border. Another thought is a 3-d look border like I did in Kitties dancing with the stars. It is very easy and you can incorporate your dark and light blues and greens if you have more of those fabrics. The top part of the border closest to the quilt can be the beiges, kind of like what I did with mine.

Kitties dancing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63685[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-63680.jpe  
Old 09-18-2016, 02:12 PM

Newestnana, I love your kaleidoscope quilt, and I agree with the two colors and triangle boarder. I think that would be perfect!! I stumbled upon this site while looking for ideas for my border as well, its a two color kaleidoscope quilt so I just don't have the options that you have. So I wonder what would be best for mine? Any idea's? I too have been working on two of these for the past year. Both are king size Alabama team quilts for two of my favorite Alabama fans. I have black and white houndstooth fabric for the quilt back, so I'm using it in the binding to bring uniformity, so it would not be great as a border too.. I think I'm stumped!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558493[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3286.jpg  
Old 09-21-2016, 01:34 PM

Ooooooooohhhhh, that is so prettty.