Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
LQQKIE WHAT I GOT!!! >

LQQKIE WHAT I GOT!!!

LQQKIE WHAT I GOT!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM

I got the same fabric collection in both colors! I made sure I got 5 geishas, but I only ordered one yard of each of the coordinating fabrics but not sure if I will use them.

I too think an attic window pattern is the way to go, but I'm looking to do varied sizes, and use some other images, like pagodas, or cranes flying through the moon, if I can get the colors close enough so the quilt doesn't get toooo busy.

My other thought was to use all 5 geishas, framed with an oblong churn dash, one in the center and the other 4 at the corners and a lattice in the alternating blocks.

I think I would like to do the borders with a black oriental lattice but have yet to figure out what I want inside the lattice. Maybe a fusion fabric from light to dark, maybe using gold to burgandy.

It is going to take me forever to make a bed quilt from this collection because I can't design it until I'm sure that I have everything I need to make what is in my imagination transferable to the quilt! I'm still looking for fabric for it and that can take forever!

Diane
Old 04-29-2008, 03:50 AM

For those of you that like the Geisha Girl fabric I got, Craftconn.com has it on sale for $4.82/panel. I paid $5.89/panel for mine.
But, just to warn you. I got the Geisha Girl in the middle, and 4 around her. For me to get that much, I ordered 2.
I just put in an order for more. This time I am ordering 4, so that will give me 2, which is what I THOUGHT I was originally getting.
Clear as mud, right?

There's also some Koi fabric on sale too!
Here is the blue koi like I have...
http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Task=Custom&Step=Fabric+Details&productID=22127
Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

tlrnhi, I'm still sitting here waiting to see what you do with that beautiful fabric!! I'd have to just carry it around for awhile to enjoy..I'm always afraid to cut fabric, any fabric and that certainly would scare me to death!
Its soooo pretty!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
tlrnhi, I'm still sitting here waiting to see what you do with that beautiful fabric!! I'd have to just carry it around for awhile to enjoy..I'm always afraid to cut fabric, any fabric and that certainly would scare me to death!
Its soooo pretty!
I'm waiting to see what I make with it too!
I don't like to cut REALLY pretty fabric. Maybe Shadow Dancer needs to come here and help me along! She makes AWESOME quilts!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:34 AM

What beautiful fabric. I just might have to get some myself.

Since I have started to hang out around here with everyone I am noticing that my credit card balance is getting larger. Coincidence :?:
Old 04-29-2008, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Missi
What beautiful fabric. I just might have to get some myself.

Since I have started to hang out around here with everyone I am noticing that my credit card balance is getting larger. Coincidence :?:
That seems to happen alot to me too!
But, my "allowance" that hubby allows me is dwindling REALLY fast!
If I keep it up, I'm going to have to get a job!
OH NO!! Then I wouldn't have time to quilt or be here!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Banned

hi tirnhi , I could see that geisha girl appliqued on the bridge . That sure is beautiful fabric ! I like to see { in person } when I buy fabric . I have to touch and feel . Have any ideas what you'll do ?

Annie