Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The Making of  My Navy and White Quilt - Update on page 19 >

The Making of My Navy and White Quilt - Update on page 19

The Making of My Navy and White Quilt - Update on page 19

Old 09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Ninnie, I missed the size - is it going to be King? Gonna be so gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

The finished size is 87in. by 101 in.

thanks, it is a fun one to do with a lot of pieces, just what I love.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 PM

This really is getting exciting! Can't wait to see the next progress picture.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 PM

I can`t wait to see the next pictures....
Old 09-16-2009, 05:42 PM

Do you worry having it all cut out ready to go that there will be a mistake you haven't found?

I normally cut as I go, making one or two blocks then cutting the next lot, because I've made mistakes in the past and ruined a LOT of fabric. But I have one on the go at the moment where I have done exactly as you have... cut the whole lot out, put it in neat little piles, and I'm now putting it together. It's going great, so far no problems and I'm about two thirds of the way through. But the longer I go without a hiccup, the more I worry that there's a huge problem waiting just round the corner! LOL Oh my goodness... I've just realised I'm getting paranoid!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Do you worry having it all cut out ready to go that there will be a mistake you haven't found?

I normally cut as I go, making one or two blocks then cutting the next lot, because I've made mistakes in the past and ruined a LOT of fabric. But I have one on the go at the moment where I have done exactly as you have... cut the whole lot out, put it in neat little piles, and I'm now putting it together. It's going great, so far no problems and I'm about two thirds of the way through. But the longer I go without a hiccup, the more I worry that there's a huge problem waiting just round the corner! LOL Oh my goodness... I've just realised I'm getting paranoid!

ROFL Well, this is the only way I have ever done one, except for the Hatchet quilt and since fat quarters were coming in daily I did it as I went.
I think the thing about cutting one out all at one time, is making sure your material is squared up, and i do check it after every 3 or 4 cuts. Also, this is my first 2 color quilt. And I do have extra material in case I have screwed up,which I could have, I guess time will tell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not an organized person, not in any sense of the word, except when it comes to planning a quilt, :shock: :shock: I made a big mistake right off the start, didn't buy enough material and had to go back, got lucky because they still had some. I probably should have made an practice square, have heard enough horror stories from those who wish they had, but I guess it's too late now. :roll: So, Blue, keep your fingers crossed for me! :lol: :lol: If I have screwed up, you will hear me down under!!

I am going to go ahead and do a block tomorrow, morning, laid one out today and practiced getting the pieces in the right order, because the whole look of the quilt depends on this. :roll: :roll: And I am sure I will have to keep my seam ripper handy. :D But I can honestly say that I have had a lot of experience with it!

So , what are you working , I would love to know!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:05 PM

LOL I hadn't realised I was such a doom and gloom expert! ;-) I was piecing last night and it's going together soooo well... then I started stressing thinking what if I get righ to the last pieces and it just turns to custard and nothing will fit. There's been a couple of minor seams not lining up, but nothing a bit of starch and a few million pins couldn't fix. :shock:

The one I'm doing is a Broken Star, mistakenly called a Lone Star by me originally, and now officially renamed the Loony Star! LOL
Old 09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

Is that the one with all the diamond shapes?

I don't do well with diamonds LOL
Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Wow Ninnie!!!! You have all of the prep work done now and can get to the fun part of seeing it all come together!!! Good Job!!! :D :D :D
Old 09-16-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Is that the one with all the diamond shapes?

I don't do well with diamonds LOL
Well... kind of! ;-)

I'm doing the cheats version, the one with no diamonds, all hst's. ;-)
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Oh Ninnie....I'm duly impressed! I love how organized you are when doing all your pre-cutting and chain sewing! I like your baggie idea too. I'm really excited to watch your quilt coming together...I like to watch, it makes me feel like I helped :oops: :roll: Well.....I AM cheering you on!

I'll keep watching and I can't wait to see what happens next...it sounds like the real fun is about to begin!