Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Mandala Quilt >

Mandala Quilt

Mandala Quilt

Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by RkayD
Mine would never go for that...mine are meant to be used and that is art. Good Luck to them! I read somewhere ~ can't remember where ~ that someone made a Crazy Quilt and it sold for over $17,000. Way to go!
It was actually $70,000 http://robynefmelia.blogspot.com/201...this-time.html
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 PM

It's only 44" x 45" and comes from North Wales. It's not number one on my list of Mandala quilts although it appears there is quite a bit of work to them. I looked at a book on line tonight and it said paper piecing technique is used. Put one on auction and you might get that much, but to ask for it????
Old 02-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by hildie
Your furbaby is ADORABLE!!!!!
YESSSSS!!!! I lost interest in the quilt the instant the price came up, but your furbaby is PRICELESS! :thumbup:
Old 02-17-2011, 03:36 AM

My quilts are made with love and are priceless in my eyes. I would never sell one, I just give them away.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 AM

Okay. I looked at the picture but then I scrolled on down. Did anyoneelse see what I did on the coming home print that sells for 15.00? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I don't do well with ink blots either.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

we can charge anything we want for our quilts...does not mean we will actually sell them but we can put any price tag on them. prices are very location dependant, and maybe in North Wales that sort of thing is expensive!
i have been to festivals where hand pieced, quilted quilts have been sold so cheap it about broke my heart to see ... then i've seen some quilts i thought (might be) worth $75-$100 and they've had $1000 price tags :thumbup:
my mother is an artist (commercial-painting) she likes to tell a story of a time in the early 70's she took a couple paintings to a gallery...when asked what she wanted for them she (timidly) answered $500?...the gallery owner refused the paintings...said if that was the only worth she saw in her work she was in the wrong place...he would have started them at ten times that....she responded....I would happily take $5000....he said...and when you paint one you know has that worth come back and see me--and walked away from her...
she never took another painting to that gallery...she did however do some market research and 'learn' the market so she could compete and make a living-with acceptance...it is still difficult to look at our work and think in those terms most of the time i think...i am just finishing up a quilt (CREWEL WORLD) i participated in a 13 month program for this one...i pretty much never do quilts this way...but this one just (spoke to me) now that the top is finished i sat down and figured out what it cost me to get this far...boy it was an expensive quilt! without backing, batting or thread i already have $359 into this...just for the patterns and fabric kits...i do love the quilt...but not well enough to want to keep it...but i have my doubts at being able to sell it and make anything, since it cost so much to make in the first place...time will tell...i have to quilt it and then see how it looks....anyway....
the mandala quilt i think is way too small for the price..i've seen plenty of thousand + dollar quilts but they tend to be large...but there are (famous quilters) who can sell any piece...even a pot-holder for $1000 just because of their name
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 AM

WOW !!!!!!!!! a fantastic quilt, but very costly
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
Originally Posted by ladyshuffler
My I didn't know we could charge that much for our quilts, did you??

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/ChadQu.../Mandala_Quilt
shipping cost on it is $50...even that is high
Shipping that price may be high for the United States, quilt is in Wales (England). Would the cost of sending it air mail overseas cost more?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 AM

You should go to Caryl Bryer Fallerts website - she has one for sale for $64,000.00
YES $64,000.00
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 AM

The link below shows quilts that go for up to $32,000. This quilt artist previously had one for sale (@ 6 months ago) that was listed for $64,000. I'm not wondering if it sold for that?! Amazing! (I have to admit, I love a lot of her quilts. :-) )

http://www.bryerpatch.com/images/quiltsforsale.htm

Update: I just saw the comment above mine... must have been posted while I was trying to remember Caryl's name!