Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marcia....chickens have landed!

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    OMG! Now, what to do, what to do!
    The May 2009 issue of the Quilter Magazine has a pattern called "Break Out" that is absolutely adorable with chickens breaking out of their shells. Uses a chick wire print for a background and has a chick print for the border.

You might like to take a look at it. http://www.thequiltermag.com/issues/current.shtml#

It's the next to the last pattern

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltinLee
    OMG! Now, what to do, what to do!
    The May 2009 issue of the Quilter Magazine has a pattern called "Break Out" that is absolutely adorable with chickens breaking out of their shells. Uses a chick wire print for a background and has a chick print for the border.

You might like to take a look at it. http://www.thequiltermag.com/issues/current.shtml#

It's the next to the last pattern
    That is a cute quilt! :)

Blog Entries
    Love the fabrics :D :D :D Can't wait to see your chicken quilt!

Blog Entries

Don't get tooo far ahead of me Terri!!!! I hate being left behind! :shock:

Blog Entries
    OMGOSH>>>really cute.

Great fabric Terri. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Terri you're gonna have soooo much fun!!! How very sweet of Marcia to send you such wonderful chicken fabric!! You sure do deserve wonderful squishies!!! You are gonna give us a progression thread right? :D

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Don't get tooo far ahead of me Terri!!!! I hate being left behind! :shock:
    You'll probably be done before I even start!

Marcia strikes again! Gotta love her!

Terri I am so happy you're going to start the chicken quilt addiction! I just loved sitting in the evenings and doing a buttonhole stitch around all my fused applique chicks. Most relaxing thing I've done in years.

My quilt top is sitting waiting to be put together, but the reno here just keeps going and going and the floors are too dusty to put a quilt together!

How many others are getting hooked by Marcia's influence? I hope there are lots out there!

Blog Entries
    We'll see I think when Mama starts the Chicken challenge thread!! :D

I'm not gonna commit myself to a challenge...but with all this "cheep" talk, I owe, kind of, a lap quilt, to a friend and she loves chickens and ducks. I haven't seen any cute duck blocks :roll: ...have already started collecting the chicken fabs though. :D
    I never thought I would get spurred on about chickens, but sometimes they do come home to roost, so here I go...eventually, lol.
    I like the whimsical one, Melissa did...can't match that, it's spectacular, but something fun :P , keeps my interest.
    anywho, not sticking my neck out there :shock: , but if/when, I will post a pic...don't hold yer cotton picking, chicken plucking breath about when though :wink: .
    By the way, LOL, WTG marcia :thumbup: , for sending those great fabs out in a box to Terri...they must have been in a hurry and flapped their wings so hard, got their in break neck time. we'll all have chick n' dumplins when they come...

Blog Entries
    Marcia, they're great, I like the egg one too...

Have fun Terri!

Oh Wow, Terri. I think Marcia is trying to tell you something. Isn't she a doll! We're all going to be waiting to see what you do with those adorable chicken fabrics. Now the pressure is on :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    Oh Wow, Terri. I think Marcia is trying to tell you something. Isn't she a doll! We're all going to be waiting to see what you do with those adorable chicken fabrics. Now the pressure is on :twisted:
    Thanks Jackie! I love the pressure!
    How do you feel about the pressure of quilting it? lol

Blog Entries
    I've been thinking about the quilting actually....I guess its all in the ditch type??? I guess we'll have to see...hmmmm...something to think about anyway.

Oh Terri, What a great gift. Marcia you are one of a kind, very special person and i love your quilt. Terri I will say I am a little jealous, I too have started my chicken quilt. Actually making 2 lap quilts, one for a friend.....but I live in rural tennessee and no fabric stores around. I probably need to order from line, but have only used a few sites. I have some blocks done and love the process and how cute the chickens are, very whimsical. Am stuck now with no fabric.......well I will watch your progress. It must have been like Christmas, receiving such a care package in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
    Oh Terri, What a great gift. Marcia you are one of a kind, very special person and i love your quilt. Terri I will say I am a little jealous, I too have started my chicken quilt. Actually making 2 lap quilts, one for a friend.....but I live in rural tennessee and no fabric stores around. I probably need to order from line, but have only used a few sites. I have some blocks done and love the process and how cute the chickens are, very whimsical. Am stuck now with no fabric.......well I will watch your progress. It must have been like Christmas, receiving such a care package in the mail.
    I actually only have 1 store to shop at. Ben Franklins. Not the best selection. Found 3 chicken fabrics today while I was there. Wasn't all that thrilled with it, but I can do something with it.
    I too, order alot of fabric online. That and with what the "angels" send me, I'm in heaven. I just love it when the mailman stops at my mailbox and beeps his horn. That means there's a package! LOVE IT!!

Wow -- beautiful fabrics!! Can't wait to see your quilt....

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Wow -- beautiful fabrics!! Can't wait to see your quilt....
    I can't wait to see it either. Wonder what it's going to look like lol

Well all we had...........and I do mean had.......was Walmart......so that is out..........so a road trip to shops.......although my job is 2 days a week only, but they are long days. From 4am to about 9pm from the time I leave to the time I get home (12 hour shifts). Just too pooped to go shopping, plus most places are not open, and then on my days off I do not want to travel and hour plus either........I guess I will resort to shopping on line. I am new to this forum so I have had no fabric angels yet.....I did send some fabric to a few myself...but I know what you mean about the mail truck........honking is nice.........good luck with your new fabric........

I'm up for the challenge :roll: I think :D

I'm up for the challenge :roll: I think :D
    You know I'm going to hold you to it! :) :)

Well here's my two clucks worth of advice... Fat quarters would be my chosen fabrics for another chicken quilt. Any more than that and you feel obligated to use it up and then the quilt loses its randomness.

And that's what you're looking for... a randomness.

I paper-pieced, did traditional quilt blocks, made sections of borders ( flying geese, checkerboard, etc) and a whole lot of applique.

Let me get the quilt out again and take a pic... then I'll start a thread where we can post some pics all together. Marcia started this and has done two (or is it three?) quilts. I was next and Melissa posted hers recently. SO its all Marcia's inspiration.

Be back with a pic and a new post in a few minutes!

Ok, so you are saying....IT'S MARCIA'S FAULT!!! LOL

Sure is!!! Don't ya just love her?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast