Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 116

Thread: Mariner's Compass finally finished, page 5

  1. #51
    Super Member Moonpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,851
    4 for me,please.

  2. #52
    cynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by auntluc
    This is a trick question....right?
    I looked and looked at #1 then back to #4 and didn't see any difference in them.
    I looked real close again...I see that the compass in #1 is on point and the compass in #4 isn't. Is there any other difference that I'm missing? :oops:
    Auntluc, the compasses are on point in all the different layouts.

    Number one and number two are the same layout with different fabric triangles (blue or gold). Number two and three are the same layout with the gold or blue triangles.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by cynde
    Quote Originally Posted by auntluc
    This is a trick question....right?
    I looked and looked at #1 then back to #4 and didn't see any difference in them.
    I looked real close again...I see that the compass in #1 is on point and the compass in #4 isn't. Is there any other difference that I'm missing? :oops:
    Auntluc, the compasses are on point in all the different layouts.

    Number one and number two are the same layout with different fabric triangles (blue or gold). Number two and three are the same layout with the gold or blue triangles.
    I like the first photo because the square the compass is on is on point...see how the log cabin squares frame it? I hope this makes sense to others because I'm seeing something different if the compasses are all on point.
    It's a beauty either way you put it together.

  4. #54
    cynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by auntluc
    Quote Originally Posted by cynde
    Quote Originally Posted by auntluc
    This is a trick question....right?
    I looked and looked at #1 then back to #4 and didn't see any difference in them.
    I looked real close again...I see that the compass in #1 is on point and the compass in #4 isn't. Is there any other difference that I'm missing? :oops:
    Auntluc, the compasses are on point in all the different layouts.

    Number one and number two are the same layout with different fabric triangles (blue or gold). Number two and three are the same layout with the gold or blue triangles.
    I like the first photo because the square the compass is on is on point...see how the log cabin squares frame it? I hope this makes sense to others because I'm seeing something different if the compasses are all on point.
    It's a beauty either way you put it together.
    Oh, now I see what you were referring to, sorry for the misunderstanding. We were both saying the same thing, just in a different way.


  5. #55
    Super Member Evelynquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    4,056
    I prefer the last...beautiful quilt by thw way... :-)

  6. #56
    Super Member Marcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,559
    Cynde--I am glad that you are going with number 4. It was my choice too. It frames your marniner's compass without crowding it. The quilt is just beautiful and I cannot wait to see it finished!!!!

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    424
    We'll be looking for a picture when you get it put together...love that blue mariner's compass.

  8. #58
    skacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Manteno, IL
    Posts
    87
    First one....

  9. #59
    Junior Member salisaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love the first one. but I really am curious about the BIG Package on the sofa. lol
    you do beautiful work, the colors are striking :)

  10. #60
    Senior Member Marguerite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    470
    only one word to say - BEAUTIFUL

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12
    I agree! First and last are my favorites. Gorgeous, BTW

  12. #62
    cynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by salisaquilter
    I love the first one. but I really am curious about the BIG Package on the sofa. lol
    you do beautiful work, the colors are striking :)
    Thank you.

    I was wondering when someone would ask about the large gift. I had put our kids Wii and accessories all together in it, so they wouldn't be able to guess what it was. I knew our son would recognize the size/shape of a Wii box at 20 paces, and wanted to keep them guessing as long as possible. We made them open it last on Christmas morning, it was so much fun to torture them.


  13. #63
    Super Member Grandma Cindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,835
    ditto to what bj says

  14. #64
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    WOW!!!
    Thats beautiful...

  15. #65
    Super Member #1piecemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ashdown, AR
    Posts
    9,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    The last one. Fantastic job! I wish was as creative.

  16. #66
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    new york state
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    2
    I like them all. Beautiful.

  17. #67
    Senior Member isewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    665
    Blog Entries
    1
    If it was for me, I like all of the choices.. Fantastic color's. Don-isewman1

  18. #68
    Super Member Babs194068's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,316
    The fourth layout is awesome, but then most of the others were to. The color combination is great.

  19. #69

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3
    My dear daughter in law got me a book with this design and the simplier the better. I like the first background. It makes the compass show off.

  20. #70
    Super Member azam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    1,431
    Either the first or the last one, the others make it look cluttered.

  21. #71
    cynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    206
    This is it, finally done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #72
    Junior Member TeresaP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barnsley, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    181
    I hadn't put in my 2 cent's worth, but it looks like you managed to get it together brilliantly. I love the symmetry, and the choice of colours is wonderful.

    My vote goes to the finished product.

  23. #73
    Member beezee54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    23
    I really like the first one ...

  24. #74
    Super Member Grandma Cindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,835
    Spectacular...

  25. #75
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    That's simply gorgeous!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.