Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Microwave Fabric Bowls >

Microwave Fabric Bowls

Microwave Fabric Bowls

Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by belmer
I will be working on a tutorial this weekend and hopefully I can do it! I have never done one b4 so be patient, I'll give it my best shot.
Looking forward to your tute! ;)
Old 08-13-2011, 10:25 AM

Try this link to the Tutorials section to see Brenda's tutorial. These are so neat!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-144848-1.htm

Originally Posted by ptrout01
Brenda
Sorry but the page you sent us to will not come up,could you Please repost it because I would still love to see your tut
Thanks
Pat
Old 08-13-2011, 10:33 AM

cool!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Thank You.
These look like Fun to make.
Can't wait to try
Pat
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
They are called, microwave bowl potholders and is sold as an e-pattern by Rita's creations on Etsy. She says the pattern is copyrighted.

I don't know if a technique can be copyrighted, I don't think so. It seems to be a square with darts from each corner and a dart from each side, all heading down toward the center and stopping when you reach the size of the bowl bottom. The dart has to be a bit fatter when it starts to turn and then taper down. It is really only a hot pad. I will make one and see how it turns out in a couple hours.
I did not copy any pattern or abuse any copy right rules. I simply looked at one that someone else had made and figured out how to do it myself and to share my way of doing it with ALL of you.
I certainly do not claim to be the person who originated this design and I clearly stated this on my first picture of the ones that I made. I do NOT have a pattern.
Oh Gosh, how things get out of wack. I was not applying that you did anything wrong my dear. I just went looking and posted what I found and I also stated that I didn't think a technique could be copyrighted and I was making one myself and posting what I was making and how to make it and working on one now....I would never be negative on a creative spirt like yours or others...it was just for information.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 AM

Ohhh, these are wonderful. Tell me, is it just one piece with darts to form the shape? Or two pieces....
Thankyou Rosy,.....It is two layers of fabric each with batting!

Thanks. Ok, here we go. ...for some reason these kinda make a memory in my mind. Here is what I did. I used some paper to draft a pattern.

You will need two pieces of fabric and one piece of batting. I will sew one piece of fabric and a batting with the darts. Line it with the other fabric , that also has the darts and turn and top stitch. I made a paper pattern first and sewed in the darts to see if I could get that effect. I will then draft one for a coffee mug....this was fun. I will post in a few.....
That is another terrific way of showing how you can make these.
Here is my tute also http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-144848-1.htm. If I had known you were going to do your OWN tutorial I would not have waisted my time.... :?
Oh please post your tut too. I am just guessing. I still want to see what others are doing with it....within all the information we can make it perfect lol.....
Old 08-13-2011, 11:00 AM

would love to make these,sew cute!! directions PLEASE
Old 08-13-2011, 11:02 AM

My quilt group had the pattern already last spring so don't think it is any great secret.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:02 AM
QM
Power Poster

I like them. I also like the idea of calling them bowl mitts.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the tute for the Micro Bowl Mittens. :D
Love the 'bowl-mittens' ;) and the tute is very easy to understand .. great job on both :thumbup: