Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mom's Quilts >
  • Mom's Quilts

• Mom's Quilts

Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 AM

LOVE the quilts.... What is the name of the second quilt?? I would LOVE to do that one as a SCRAPPY !!!!

Looked up the first quilt - but found no pattern, just the class.... Does ANYONE have an idea about the first quilt
    Old 01-30-2010, 11:09 AM

They are both very beautiful. Those swirls are just amazing and just wonderful with all the colors.
    She was and awesome quilter,and they will make great keepsakes.
    Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 PM

beautiful quilts
    Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 PM

Beautiful quilts, and a lovely story. I miss my Mom a lot, especially on certain days. We were very close, and she lived a good life. She suffered so much in her last few years, I wouldn't want her to go through that again.
    I love the pattern for the first quilt. Does it say on the back what the pattern is? Have never seen it.
    Best Always,
    Marta
    [email protected]
    Old 01-30-2010, 05:24 PM

Gen, what wonderful quilts you and your brother have. How wonderful that you have something so concrete to remind you of your mother's love.
    Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 PM

Very Very beautiful quilts and what a nice reminder of your Mom she will always be there with you one way or
    another.

cassiemae
    Old 01-30-2010, 07:43 PM

That is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen...I have googled several different names for that quilt. But have come up with nothing close to that. The pattern Ying Yang is close but it is not the same as your quilt pattern.
    If you ever get the name or pattern please share with all of us...That is quite a treasure you have. I lost my Mom 9 years ago, and I miss her very much. I have 2 quilt tops that she left me and I need to get them finished so that I can pass them on to my two children. God Bless you and your Family.
    Old 01-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Both of those show her deep love for you both...
    Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Originally Posted by ladygen
    I was wrong. Just googled Winding Waysan and that's not it. However, google 'yin yang quilt' and you'll find this one, along with a few others.

It really is a gorgeous and good luck making it, if you decide to.

I'm having so much more fun on retreat than I expected... One of my mom's friends from childhood is here (and almost everyone else knew her too... Didn't realize that)! Good memories are being shared, and good memories are being made. How much more can a girl ask for?
    Thanks so much! How wonderful to be at a quilting retreat with others that knew your mom and share memories.

I did find the quilt but it doesn't look like it is an available pattern to buy. It looks like it is only offered as a class by the designer Lee Fowler and it looks like she only teaches in the PNW. :cry:

I will try contacting her through her website to see if she would sell me pattern and instructions and see if I can't figure it out on my own without her class. Thanks again and so glad you are enjoying the retreat.
    If you get any info, I would LOVE to get it from you. I think I am obsessed with this pattern. I can't quit thinking about it!!!
    Old 01-31-2010, 12:16 PM

I THINK I AM ALSO OBSESSED WITH THIS PATTERN. I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT ALL NIGHT AND DAY...I AM GOING TO TRY AND FIGURE THE PATTERN OUT MYSELF...BUT I AM BY NO MEANS A QUILTER...I AM A BEGINNER. I HAVE ONLY MADE A FEW QUILT TOPS AND HAD SOME ONE ELSE QUILT THEM FOR ME. I THINK THE YING YANG COMES VERY CLOSE , BUT IT IS NOT THE PATTERN YOUR MOM USED, SHE WAS A VERY GOOD QUILTER...I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH HER WORK.
    LET US KNOW IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET THE PATTERN...GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK...JUDY