Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 78

Thread: more Diploma quilts

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pueblo, Co
    Posts
    556
    Its like doing a silhoutte. They are beautiful. what an original idea.

  2. #52
    Senior Member grammatjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincoln NE
    Posts
    867
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by yonnikka
    These are definitely OOAK!!!!! Love how there are certain areas accentuated by additional blackness; and the scrolled up diplomas; Priceless! Do put your name on the fronts. You deserve it.
    By the time I get them done (usually the night before the graduation reception), I am so glad to get them done, I just hand them off, and I haven't even thought of putting a label on them.

    Might be a good idea, maybe their friends will hire me to make one for them! Ha, ha.

    Anyway, probably would be a good idea for history sake. I am sure in 50 years they won't remember my name (well, not my nephew - he BETTER remember my name!). :thumbup:

    I should copy the original photo, and include it on the label!! Light bulb going off here...

  3. #53
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by grammatjr
    Might be a good idea, maybe their friends will hire me to make one for them! Ha, ha.
    I don't know about the friends, but I'm pretty sure their mothers would jump at the opportunity. ;-)

  4. #54
    a regular here Demshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orangevale, California
    Posts
    638
    Wow!

  5. #55
    Senior Member katcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Olympia,Washington
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
    Wow! I am speechless.

  6. #56
    Senior Member grammatjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincoln NE
    Posts
    867
    Blog Entries
    8
    Woah! Correction! In my tute, I said I did the name and date after the black backing is fused - wrong - I cut out the name and date after the body and diploma, so I can tell where it will best fit, and I can plan the edge cuts - but I do it BEFORE the pressing of the fusible to the black.

  7. #57
    Super Member Maria C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,851
    Awesome work

  8. #58
    Senior Member nclauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coastal North Carolina
    Posts
    629
    Those are so cool!

  9. #59
    Power Poster debcavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spring Green,WI
    Posts
    14,626
    These are amazing, just amazing

  10. #60
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    5,492
    Wow that is so wonderful,that is such a unique gift.

  11. #61
    Super Member janetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton, NJ
    Posts
    1,336
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
    Wow! I am speechless.
    ditto

  12. #62
    Super Member RuthFru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Port Charlotte, FL
    Posts
    1,364
    What a special gift for those graduates. You did an awsome job.

  13. #63
    Super Member GramaLaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgetown TX
    Posts
    4,380
    WOW.... you are so talented!! :-D

  14. #64
    Power Poster Tweety2911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    17,059
    Blog Entries
    3
    Love them! What a fantastic gift idea. Would you consider doing a picture tute on this?

  15. #65
    Super Member nabobw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pinellas Park Fl
    Posts
    4,965
    Blog Entries
    6
    Those are real works of art

  16. #66
    Senior Member grammatjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincoln NE
    Posts
    867
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    Love them! What a fantastic gift idea. Would you consider doing a picture tute on this?
    I probably could, will try to find time soon. Maybe do something not quite so involved. Hmmm.

  17. #67
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by grammatjr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    Love them! What a fantastic gift idea. Would you consider doing a picture tute on this?
    I probably could, will try to find time soon. Maybe do something not quite so involved. Hmmm.
    You could probably just need to add picture to your explanation upthread and repost the whole thing in the Tutorials section.

    I found it to be incredibly detailed and well written. iwo, I didn't have a dozen questions about the process after reading it. ;-)

    I might take a crack at those flowers this weekend. :-D

  18. #68
    Super Member 4EVERquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lakewood, Co. Native-New Mexican
    Posts
    4,033
    How fantastic!! Awesome!!

  19. #69
    Senior Member grammatjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincoln NE
    Posts
    867
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by grammatjr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    Love them! What a fantastic gift idea. Would you consider doing a picture tute on this?
    I probably could, will try to find time soon. Maybe do something not quite so involved. Hmmm.
    You could probably just need to add picture to your explanation upthread and repost the whole thing in the Tutorials section.

    I found it to be incredibly detailed and well written. iwo, I didn't have a dozen questions about the process after reading it. ;-)

    I might take a crack at those flowers this weekend. :-D
    1- I am glad it seemed clear just with reading. I have been sorting through my pics to see what I might want to do, and have a couple ideas. Will begin work tonight (yeah, like there is nothing else to do, but you gotta go when you are in the mood - huh? I won't be thinking about the other things anyway right now).

    2- Be sure to post your flowers, I will love to see them. Good luck.

  20. #70
    Senior Member kraftykimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    730
    Those are just THE COOLEST GIFTS EVER !!! The written intructions are very easy to follow.

    Now, how do you get your working photo to be as big as a yard of fabric. Sorry if that is a dumb question but thats got me stumped. :-)

  21. #71
    Senior Member grammatjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lincoln NE
    Posts
    867
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
    Those are just THE COOLEST GIFTS EVER !!! The written intructions are very easy to follow.

    Now, how do you get your working photo to be as big as a yard of fabric. Sorry if that is a dumb question but thats got me stumped. :-)
    I print a banner in Print Master, but first crop the pic in Photo Finish, into aproximate heights that can print on a page.

    But, you could also, take it to Kinkos, tell them you want the total width/height, and let them do it! The pic will flow from one page to the next.

    Or, the old fashioned way, make a grid over the pic, and have a larger grid to draw on.

    If you use some sort of photo prgram, alot of them will do "Edge Detect" or "Lines" and that will get alot of the sketching done for you!

    I will take notes and pics as I work on a photo inclusive tute, soon.

  22. #72
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301
    Man, I really need to start previewing and proof reading my posts.
    Yikes. :oops: :roll:

  23. #73
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    19,426
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    Man, I really need to start previewing and proof reading my posts.
    Yikes. :oops: :roll:
    That one was - not up to your usual standards!

  24. #74
    Power Poster Tweety2911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    17,059
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by grammatjr
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
    Those are just THE COOLEST GIFTS EVER !!! The written intructions are very easy to follow.

    Now, how do you get your working photo to be as big as a yard of fabric. Sorry if that is a dumb question but thats got me stumped. :-)
    I print a banner in Print Master, but first crop the pic in Photo Finish, into aproximate heights that can print on a page.

    But, you could also, take it to Kinkos, tell them you want the total width/height, and let them do it! The pic will flow from one page to the next.

    Or, the old fashioned way, make a grid over the pic, and have a larger grid to draw on.

    If you use some sort of photo prgram, alot of them will do "Edge Detect" or "Lines" and that will get alot of the sketching done for you!

    I will take notes and pics as I work on a photo inclusive tute, soon.
    Your instructions were clearly written but I am a visual learner and just a picture of some of the steps would help out alot. I just love your original quilts , stunning:-)

  25. #75
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,523
    What a wonderful gift!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.