Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
More Flip Flop Tote Bags >

More Flip Flop Tote Bags

More Flip Flop Tote Bags

Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by okie
I've made several denim bags but the ones I made had 2 handles and I did machine embroidery. I"m doing a couple with dogs on them for a lady to donate to her kennel club's annual auction. They are fun to make.
I thought I would like to make things like this and sell but I got back into quilting and I can't seem to get away from it.
You're are really cute. Keep up the good work. Outstanding

Since this is the picture forum. I would like to use this as a experiment. I can't get my computer at home to send so thought I would try this one at work. The picture I'm sending has nothing to do with nothing, just something to send to see if it works.
Hi Okie!! Love Jimminy Cricket (err spelled that one wrong.. but hey its not even 9am here and I havent' even had my morning coffee,so that is my excuse)!!! I have no idea why a picture will upload on one computer and not another...

From the photos of my totes in the trees, it looks like only one handle but there are actually two handles :) I am hoping to get an embroidery machine next Spring and when I do I will be going nuts with it!!! The possibilities are endless!!!

Your doggy bags sound adorable!!!

Cheers!!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Congrats!!! I knew they would be a hot sell!!! You go girl!!
thanks jbsstrawberry!!!! I had no idea they would be this successful!!! I am now left with one bag left to sell. I have a photo attached to it. I was hoping to start one of the three bags I had cut and ready last night, but when I got home from work I was too tired. So I spent an hour on the Wii Fit, had a bit of supper , then read my book. Oohhh and sold 4 bags!! :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56937.jpe  
Old 06-26-2008, 03:22 AM

You are doing such a great job!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:21 AM

Your's not kidding, I love mine. When I saw the tote in the tree and noticed your tote had a lining I said that looks just like the ones I've made but with one handle. They are fun to make. I don't know if yours was made the same way but I like the way the bottom was squared. I'd never done that before. I made one for a little girl that had emboridery flip flops. Be prepared to go crazy with desigms when you get your machine. I'm sure glad I passed that stage. I thought I was going to go broke. Some were free but of course the ones I really liked weren't. Now I'm going broke with patterns and fabric. I love quilt patterns. I have them on computer, I have them in books, I have them everywhere. I better get started. I have 5 blocks left to complete and I can start putting my latest quilt project together. The borders are pieced as well so that will take some time. I have to hurry and get this one done so I can start on my paper piece quilt. That will be a real challenge.
The ideals for personalizing these bags is endless. Great job.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56939.jpe  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 AM

Hi Okie!! Love Jimminy Cricket (err spelled that one wrong.. but hey its not even 9am here and I havent' even had my morning coffee,so that is my excuse)!!! I have no idea why a picture will upload on one computer and not another...

From the photos of my totes in the trees, it looks like only one handle but there are actually two handles I am hoping to get an embroidery machine next Spring and when I do I will be going nuts with it!!! The possibilities are endless!!!

Your doggy bags sound adorable!!!
My earlier post was in reference to the above quote. I still learning how to do things on the board. I finally got a picture to upload from my home computer.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 AM

Okie is that the Babylock Allegio? I used to demo those machines when I worked in a quilt store and oooooooooooh it was so much fun!!! I really want my embroidery machine now but I need my house first (hopefully have that by end of the year) and then I plan to get my sewing studio built. I am hoping by Spring to have the money for the machine..

This is how I'm saving for my machine. Since last year whenever I have any loonies or toonies (that's CDN coins for $1 and $2) I put them into a savings tin. I already have close to $300 in coins towards my machine. I am looking at a Janome brand and is a stand alone embroidery machine. I'm figuring by the time tax is added, it will cost me around $800. I'm almost half way to that point now! If I don't have all the money in "funny money" as I like to call it (being its called loonies and toonies LOL) I will pay the difference in my other savings. I am also saving all my pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters to the cause. When that little tin of money is filled to the top I roll it all, then head to the bank where I ask her give me the money back in loonies and toonies.. Then THOSE go into my funny money tin towards my machine!!! Once I have enough, I will roll that money and take it to bank for the paper money and then head right to the sewing store to get my new embroidery machine. hee hee i will have bought my machine in $1 and $2 coins!!

I think I will keep saving those coins and could then put it towards embroidery patterns!! LOL
Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 AM

You know, it would be great and save you a TON of money if someone were traveling up to see you. They could buy the machine for you in the US, then bring it to you. Would save you some loonies and toonies. :)
If I were there, I'd do it for you, but won't be back to the states til sometime in 2010 :(
Old 06-26-2008, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Too cute, great job!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 AM

Quilting Aggi It a Babylock Ellegante. I like your plan. I don't know anything about machines except Brother and Babylock. We have 3 Babylocks and really like them. One my DH uses to quilt, I use the Ellure for general sewing and the one in the picture for embroidery. Now that I can upload a picture I'll have to take a picture of one of the bags I made. I'll have to go find one, I don't have one for my own personal use. When I get the dog ones done I will send a picture of them.
Stay with your plan and in no time you will have one and then it's too embroidery land you go. Don't get LOST!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
You know, it would be great and save you a TON of money if someone were traveling up to see you. They could buy the machine for you in the US, then bring it to you. Would save you some loonies and toonies. :)
If I were there, I'd do it for you, but won't be back to the states til sometime in 2010 :(
That is so very thoughtful of you!!! Hey you can still come over to visit when you do get back to to the "mainland" :) Then I'll have my sewing studio built and we can play in it!!! oooh oooh and do some fabric shopping of course LOL