Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
More quilts done >

More quilts done

More quilts done

Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 PM

Great job on all three but I especially like the colours on the last one.
Pippa
Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 AM

You do great work. Yes, I am the same I have 7 waiting for me to quilt. I'm not fond of that part but I love to cut and sew them together. Some day I will get caught up:)
Old 03-27-2011, 04:43 AM

I love that table runner.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Yes I am having that problem. I got interested in Texas stars. I am on the fifth top,(two are wall hangings) and have quilted two. That top quilt just took my fancy. I love the colors. I love that it is so graphic. The other two are wonderful also but when my eyes hit that first one, I just lit up.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:49 AM

Wow, so pretty! I love the black & white contrast. Just really draws me in!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Very nice - I really like the first one.

While I have a few tops that have to get done - my quilts are not the problem - fabric managment is...scraps; material that is not quite scraps but under 1/4 yard; 1/4 to 1 yard material; material I went nuts on and bought a lot of; crumbs...that is what is getting out of hand at my house!
Most of my quilts are scraps...I have a multitude of them! So I just decide what quilt I'm going to make, grab scraps & go hunting in my stash (which I have enough to put anyone to shame!), and "presto", another quilt. If I have the time or inclination, I make a tablerunner with leftovers from the quilt. If I just literally have scraps left, they get cut into 1 1/2" strips, 2" strips & squares, 2 1/2" strips & squares, 3" strips & squares, 3 1/2" strips & squares, 4" strips & squares, 4 1/2" strips & squares, 5" strips & squares, 6" strips & squares, & 6 1/2" strips & squares & I have plastic shoebox size boxes for each size. I seldom need to go out & buy fabric...what fabric I buy is only because I love it & it's on sale. If I don't have enough for backing, I mix fabrics & it's like 2 different quilts at the end. It took me a long time to start getting my scraps under control...I still have a large bin full of them, but I have them sorted into 2-gallon ziplocks according to theme & solids. I keep that bin open in my room so I can see them & I go to the shoeboxes & that bin first before hitting the stash. It's not an easy job to do & does take time...but if you're like me, I love scrappy quilts & love it that you never know exactly how they will turn out. If I like it, it stays or gets sold; if I don't, it gets donated. They all turn out pretty nice. I get bored easy, & only make one of a kind things for my craftbooth or anything else. Keeps things interesting!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
Yes I am having that problem. I got interested in Texas stars. I am on the fifth top,(two are wall hangings) and have quilted two. That top quilt just took my fancy. I love the colors. I love that it is so graphic. The other two are wonderful also but when my eyes hit that first one, I just lit up.
I really am more of a pastel person but I do the graphic things too. Personally, the first 2 are not my favorites, but as you can see from the comments...they are well liked by alot of people. I don't know if it will be sold or donated, it isn't a keeper in my eyes. I have kept about 6 quilts out of all the ones I've made.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:09 PM

You did a wonderful job on all three ... beautiful!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:13 PM

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. I show hubby, he says "That's nice"...so it's nice to have an extended "family" to show off to. Thanks for letting me do so. I have another quilt for you to see. My daughter in N.C. had a friend that was doing a butterfly block exchange back in 2006, they asked me to join too. These are the blocks from that exchange that I finally got around to making into a quilt. I needed 3 more blocks, so I grabbed 2 orphan blocks I had laying around, embroidered butterflies on them, then embroidered "Butterflies Are Free" for a center block. I used floral scraps & stash for the rest of it...butterflies love flowers. What do you think?

Butterfly block exchange
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176163.jpe  
Old 03-27-2011, 06:16 PM

very nice.I have that problem.I am having a piecing spurt.I have at least 15 tops to quilt and am making more.soon I need to have a quilting spurt.