Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My 2 latest projects >

My 2 latest projects

My 2 latest projects

Old 04-20-2013, 04:32 PM

God Bless You for using your talents to help others cope with the problems this life throws at us.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM

Beautiful! A wonderful "pay-it-forward". You are a blessing for these folks, I'm sure.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:44 PM

They are beautiful!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 PM

Dittos on all of the wonderful comments from everyone. You are a person with great will and heart. Thank you for paying it forward....it will just go on. You are a great inspiration.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by roserips View Post
Love your first quilt very creative and I love my doggies, I have seen cats done that way but yours it the first doggie I have seen. Very special love your work.
The pattern came with patterns for a bunch of different dog breed heads, I just picked the one that would be easiest to modify into a basenji head

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Oh Wow! Your two basenji and bunny quilts are Fantastic!!! The last one especially cracks me up! I bet those two quilts made the competitors at Nationals try especially hard to win them!
Is it true that basenjis make a sort of purring noise and yodel instead of barking? It is wonderful that you have these dogs in your life!
The first quilt was when the national was in Arizona, and the second, in Indianapolis. I tried to somehow make the quilts appropriate for that area of the country, hence the lure coursing basenji wearing the checked blanket (they normally wear yellow, pink or blue for id)
Basenjis are more or less vocal depending on their dna, some dogs are noisier than others due to their pedigree. They don't purr, that's kind of quiet and soothing, they yodel, which is a happy sound, and they scream, not so happy. I have 2 separate dna families here, one never makes any noise, one is very vocal

I hope this is allowed, here's a you tube video with the basenjis howling (there are also yodeling and screaming in other videos) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rMXqcUx90s
It's funny, every time I play something like this on the computer, my dogs run over and get all excited, but any other dog sound? Nothing

Before I had the accident, I had a bunch of fabric, and ideas for basenji quilts. I still do, so plan to use them up

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
What beautiful quilts and a touching story of courage, and surviving under difficult circumstances. Congratulations on how far you have come. I fell and had a ruptured C-4-5 disk last Feb, had to learn how to feed myself, stand and walk again, but am so grateful that through God's will and the amazing therapists in rehab. I'm back nearly 95% with just a few things I can't do yet. I hope quilting has done for you what it did for me, get me through a difficult time in my life and I'm so happy you came out the other side. I'm sure your loving family had a lot to do with your recovery.
The way I look at it, we all have problems, right now, this is mine. We just take whatever the world throws at us, and deal with it. Right now, I just think of the people in Boston, or near the fertilizer plant explosion in Texas, and consider myself extremely lucky
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM

I love your quilts.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 PM

Very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 PM

Beautiful quilts and such a thoughtful thing to do.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 PM

What a wonderful "pay it forward" gift. You are a special person.