Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My 9 patch disappeared!!! >

My 9 patch disappeared!!!

My 9 patch disappeared!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 07:03 AM

i love your quilts. your color choices are very beautiful. i'm sure these lovely creations will be treasured.
thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 AM

beautiful quilts, just adorable. love the stitched butterflies. thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 AM

Very pretty. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:17 PM

Thank you all!! It took me a while to get the pics out of my camera. Been so long that I forgot how. Senior moment. :oops: I went from the little yellow quilt with the machine sewing right to one that is twice the size! Big mistake! I don't know how any of you can machine quilt a full sizer on a regular sewing machine!! going to practice on some pot holders like I should have done in the first place. :wink: Got some block patterns from my Quilt Design Wizard and printed them out for rotory cutting at 6". I think that should be a nice size pot holder don't you? By the way the twin size is coming along okay just not as enthusiastic as I was with the little one. Taking a bit longer. :lol:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:28 PM

Those really are adorable, the Strawberry Shortcake one is my favorite. The butterflies were the perfect touch!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 PM

Those are so cute!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 AM

those are beautiful quilts. love both of them.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:15 AM

Those are really cute!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Ty

Lois,

Loved both the quilts. They are so bright and cheery and I know those lucky little girls will treasure them for years to come. Your butterflies are such a special touch. Great idea.
I cheat some times and do "big stitch" quilting. It looks good but also helps me to complete a quilt that would otherwise take me forever to hand quilt with normal size quilting stitches.
I agree with you and don't know how others manage to machine quilt anything larger than a mini. I still haven't mastered machine quilting and get very frustrated. Really need to learn as those UFO's keep piling up and need to be completed before I die. :D
Old 04-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Hi Ty! :D The little yellow quilt came out great with a walking foot for the machine quilting. I only ditch stitched it. It was easy. I then got to big for my britches and did a twin!! Now that it's done I think it turned out a lot better then I thought. Will post pic when I take one. :lol: The mom of the two little girls said the 2 yr old drags her purple quilt everywhere she goes! Quite an honor for me! :lol: The other one is only 5 months old. I needed to put something in the squares on the purple quilt so I opted for embroidering the butterflies. That one is hand quilted. I chickened out of machine quilting on that one. The yellow one I did after so I got brave. I really like hand quilting cause I can do that outside on my deck and watch my horses graze in their yards. Love the outdoors! But the machine is a LOT faster!!! Easier on the fingers too! :lol: I don't think I will try anything bigger than a twin on the machine. It is too hard to get it bunched up and you can't control the backing like you can in a hoop, which I use for hand work.