Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My 9 patch disappeared!!!

My disappearing 9 patch. Took a bit of fiquring out to get this pattern but I like the results. The quilts were for the little girls, Emma 2 and Olivia 5 months, of the guy we get our hay from. I made them for them for Easter.
    I did get brave and Olivia's quilt is my first attempt at machine quilting. Emma's quilt was done by hand cause it was the first made and I chickened out when I wanted to do that one by machine. :oops:

I embroidered the butterflies in the big center squares. Comes out just like hand quilting on the back.
    Name:  Attachment-8145.jpe
Views: 142
Size:  73.3 KB

I liked the purple for Emma. It's her favorite color.
    Name:  Attachment-8330.jpe
Views: 131
Size:  81.4 KB

Olivia's quilt is the 9 patch.
    Name:  Attachment-8361.jpe
Views: 159
Size:  59.6 KB

Very nice. I am sure they will adore them.

Kyia

Oh, those are beautiful! :)

DJ
    Oh, so pretty! Lucky little girls!

Izy
    Awwwhhhh - these are sooo sweet, really pretty, well done with the machine work too!! :D :D

Blog Entries
    Those are two very precious and beautiful quilts :D Wonderful job on the quilting :D :D

Beautiful quilts!!! Love the Strawberry Shortcake fabric!!! And the stitched butterflies are awesome!!! Great idea!

Those are very cute........you did a great job. :D

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Great Work!

Absolutely adorable! Your quilting looks wonderful! :D

i love your quilts. your color choices are very beautiful. i'm sure these lovely creations will be treasured.
    thanks for sharing.

beautiful quilts, just adorable. love the stitched butterflies. thanks for sharing.

Very pretty. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all!! It took me a while to get the pics out of my camera. Been so long that I forgot how. Senior moment. :oops: I went from the little yellow quilt with the machine sewing right to one that is twice the size! Big mistake! I don't know how any of you can machine quilt a full sizer on a regular sewing machine!! going to practice on some pot holders like I should have done in the first place. :wink: Got some block patterns from my Quilt Design Wizard and printed them out for rotory cutting at 6". I think that should be a nice size pot holder don't you? By the way the twin size is coming along okay just not as enthusiastic as I was with the little one. Taking a bit longer. :lol:

Those really are adorable, the Strawberry Shortcake one is my favorite. The butterflies were the perfect touch!!

Blog Entries
    Those are so cute!

those are beautiful quilts. love both of them.

Those are really cute!

Ty
    Lois,

Loved both the quilts. They are so bright and cheery and I know those lucky little girls will treasure them for years to come. Your butterflies are such a special touch. Great idea.
    I cheat some times and do "big stitch" quilting. It looks good but also helps me to complete a quilt that would otherwise take me forever to hand quilt with normal size quilting stitches.
    I agree with you and don't know how others manage to machine quilt anything larger than a mini. I still haven't mastered machine quilting and get very frustrated. Really need to learn as those UFO's keep piling up and need to be completed before I die. :D

Hi Ty! :D The little yellow quilt came out great with a walking foot for the machine quilting. I only ditch stitched it. It was easy. I then got to big for my britches and did a twin!! Now that it's done I think it turned out a lot better then I thought. Will post pic when I take one. :lol: The mom of the two little girls said the 2 yr old drags her purple quilt everywhere she goes! Quite an honor for me! :lol: The other one is only 5 months old. I needed to put something in the squares on the purple quilt so I opted for embroidering the butterflies. That one is hand quilted. I chickened out of machine quilting on that one. The yellow one I did after so I got brave. I really like hand quilting cause I can do that outside on my deck and watch my horses graze in their yards. Love the outdoors! But the machine is a LOT faster!!! Easier on the fingers too! :lol: I don't think I will try anything bigger than a twin on the machine. It is too hard to get it bunched up and you can't control the backing like you can in a hoop, which I use for hand work.