Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Accuquilt Review-GO >

My Accuquilt Review-GO

My Accuquilt Review-GO

Old 12-10-2010, 07:11 PM

I am SO glad to get your review, since I'll be getting one for Christmas (actually, it's sitting in my living room but I'm TRYING not to open it -- although I've read every detail on the outside of the box).
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

I am always reading with interest the reviews. I normally use rotary cutting/sewing techniques so I have no bias edges exposed and I also use ever tiny bit of fabric. I guess I worry about it taking me back to working with tiny pieces of fabric and waste like before rotary cutting and when templates where used. Ofcourse I can see this is much faster and way more accurate then templates. It is wonderful if you have issues with cutting. So eventually I will need one too unless one of my children cuts everything.I use mostly the special quilt in the day rulers for 1/2 triangles, flying geese etc. I would love to play with one though. For now the cost and maybe not knowing what I am missing will keep me from getting one.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:31 PM

depends on where you buy them, most places have them for 99.00 on special from the quilt show in Houston. but still back ordered
Old 12-10-2010, 07:33 PM

The quilt is adorable.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 PM

Absolutely wonderful. Keep cutting up (lol), and enjoy.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 PM

Just love my go. So nice for cutting all the scraps that I have.
Pieces are so accurite. sp.}I have the tumbler die. Makes a very nice quilt. Just love it.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:43 PM

I love my GO! cutter, and wouldn't trade for anything. You can find good prices if you watch and search for them. Everything fits together without having to do any trimming. Cut /sew and done. Very tiny bit of waste, no more than when rotary cutting. Many of the GO! dies will work with the GO! Baby cutter. If you go to the web site www.accuquilt.com you can find a list of the dies that will work in both cutters. I have heard that Accuquilt did a survey to see if the alphabet would be of interest. So who know it might come out yet.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:53 PM

How about when you have to piece fabric in order to cut the shape you need -- will it still cut it nicely with having a piecing seam?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
How about when you have to piece fabric in order to cut the shape you need -- will it still cut it nicely with having a piecing seam?
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but the GO! will cut through up to 6 layers of fabric so the seam would not be a problem as far as thickness? Of course the amount of layers would also be different depending on what kind of fabric you are using. I believe the 6 layers is for cotton.

I also meant to mention that if you join them on Facebook, every Friday they have a fun Friday question. Then later in the day they have a drawing from the people who answer. Most of the time you don't even have to have the answer right. I have only seen once where they picked the winner from the correct answer. They have even given away the GO cutter. You might want to check it out. They are close to 8000 fans and when they hit 8000 I believe they will be doing something special? Just a guess but in the past for every 1,000 count they gave away several GO cutters.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but the GO! will cut through up to 6 layers of fabric so the seam would not be a problem as far as thickness? Of course the amount of layers would also be different depending on what kind of fabric you are using. I believe the 6 layers is for cotton.

I also meant to mention that if you join them on Facebook, every Friday they have a fun Friday question. Then later in the day they have a drawing from the people who answer. Most of the time you don't even have to have the answer right. I have only seen once where they picked the winner from the correct answer. They have even given away the GO cutter. You might want to check it out. They are close to 8000 fans and when they hit 8000 I believe they will be doing something special? Just a guess but in the past for every 1,000 count they gave away several GO cutters.
WOW, great! I just "liked" them on FB.