Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My B. and W. blocks!  I love all 24 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

My B. and W. blocks! I love all 24 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My B. and W. blocks! I love all 24 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
Those are stunning! Now I wish I had joined in! I'll have to check out the swap section to see what is going on right now! or coming up!
We are currently doing a blue and yellow block swap. Look here for the beginning of the thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/21793.page
thanks again, i went on there and joined.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:32 AM

[quote=KGoodhand]
Originally Posted by Janstar
I am indeed from Canada! I am so sorry about forgetting the label!
I live in Petrolia Ontario Canada. It is the town where the first oil well was dug in all of North America!! How is that to a claim for fame!!!
Sorry again!
Kendra
WOnderful! I LOVE driving my van to get to my LQS and workdays at the Post.
Hats off to PETROLIA ONTARIO CANADA! SALUTE!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:01 PM

Love the red and the embrodered names are a real special touch. I think since I'm keeping this one for me because of all my 'cool' quilting pals blocks are in it, I'll use pink, my favorite color! Not sure about the layout yet.l
Old 07-31-2009, 03:05 PM

I love the names, that looks so awesome!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:23 PM

I also love love love the names and the red. Awesome job and thanks for sharing. I to would love to have the names and states on mine but I would have to take them to the embriodery shop but I still may wonderful idea and sure hope you dont mind me using it :) Iam a newbie and I just would love to do that since this all is a first for me. I also had three blocks with no signature.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by tslowery
I also love love love the names and the red. Awesome job and thanks for sharing. I to would love to have the names and states on mine but I would have to take them to the embriodery shop but I still may wonderful idea and sure hope you dont mind me using it :) Iam a newbie and I just would love to do that since this all is a first for me. I also had three blocks with no signature.
to tslowery and susiequilt and anyone else:
i would be glad to embroidery the names & states on your blocks - no charge. just send me your squares in a squishy with a note pinned to each one with the info, what color, and a return envelope with postage. all it will cost you is postage. i think that would be cheaper for you than paying a shop to do the names. i know here at the quilting shop i go to they charge a minimum of $10.00 for anything that goes under the needle.
that would cost a person $120.00 to label 12 of them, that would be outrageous. anyhow, i wouldn't mind at all doing that for anybody.
donna
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by dojo36
colletta, thank you - that's quite a compliment coming from a "pro". not sure what i'll do with the other 12. i'll do some other color besides red, anybody got any suggestions - yellow? what else goes with black & white? i guess about anything huh.
I saw this and immediately thought TURQUOISE!! :)
Old 08-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SAHM
colletta, thank you - that's quite a compliment coming from a "pro". not sure what i'll do with the other 12. i'll do some other color besides red, anybody got any suggestions - yellow? what else goes with black & white? i guess about anything huh.
I saw this and immediately thought TURQUOISE!! :)
ah yes that's a good color, somebody else suggested TEAL, so guess they are somewhat similar huh, so that's written in stone now, it will either be turquoise or teal
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by tslowery
to tslowery and susiequilt and anyone else:
i would be glad to embroidery the names & states on your blocks - no charge. just send me your squares in a squishy with a note pinned to each one with the info, what color, and a return envelope with postage. all it will cost you is postage. i think that would be cheaper for you than paying a shop to do the names. i know here at the quilting shop i go to they charge a minimum of $10.00 for anything that goes under the needle.
that would cost a person $120.00 to label 12 of them, that would be outrageous. anyhow, i wouldn't mind at all doing that for anybody.
donna
That would be so cool! I'll have to think about what I am doing with the blocks and get back to you. I might give you a heart attack if I sent all 84!
I had talked to a quilt shop about putting something else on the blocks and they wanted about $3 each block! More than my budget would allow for that many blocks.
:D
PS: I think teal or turquiose would be nice. I'm thinking a yellow gold for one of mine and maybe just white for the other quilt or the wall hanging.
I also have butterflies! :D I was actualy thinking little ducks like the bathtub toys but couldn't find them.
:D
Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM

oh my word, 84!! how bout sending me 12 to do? how many quilts you gonna make out of 84? i have just 24 so i'm gonna do 2 lap quilts or rather "lay down on the couch cover up quilts"
donna