Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My bag of 2.5" "blah" blocks

Blog Entries
    Dziękują pani, for posting these!! They are just wonderful! I'm trying to pick out my favorite, I think it's the one with the sashed stars (#8). I don't have the scraps you did, but I might actually cut up some squares to make this one.
    BTW, I have just exhausted my entire Polish vocabulary, from when we lived in Hamtramck, MI.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    ..... I've been sewing for hours and hours...just ask my family!
    I truly beleive you. You have done a wonderful job and they are amazingly beautiful. I am working on my first no planned crasy quilt from odd pieces of scrap and I find it being so much time consuming. You are a perfect example that with perseverance I can keep working on it Bravo!

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    Well, what you did with them is anything but blah. How the heck big WAS that bag of scraps???

Blog Entries
    WOW! I'm curious how you wound up with so many 2-1/2" squares. Do you cut them from scraps as you finish quilts?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    Only two are finished quilts, but I started these on Sept. 16 I think. I've been like a person possessed and I'm so glad to have this much done. The quilting won't be done with so much frenzy. I've been sewing for hours and hours...just ask my family!

I'll use most of them for charity quilts, probably....the "special" ones, for my kids or special friends.
    These are FAB U LESS. Can I be a "SPECIAL" friend. Ditto to all that has been said. I mean this in the best way, you are a quilting manic that has a special talent for putting things together. I can't image being able to create such beautiful quilts. YOU DID GREAT. Thanks for sharing these beauties. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

WOW WEEE!!! Just an impressive amount of piecing and sewing...( and I might add .. and impressive amount of scraps) you truley were consumed by modivation and inspiration. Lovey quilts all of them!

Very nice quilts - great way to use up your scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by needles3thread View Post
    What a creative mind you have. I specially like #'s 11 & 12.
    My son said that those "mess with his mind".

I am absolutly amazed at the amount of nice quilts that you have been able to make in this amount of time! WOW.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
    WOW! I'm curious how you wound up with so many 2-1/2" squares. Do you cut them from scraps as you finish quilts?
    I have a whole bag of scraps leftover from backing quilts (or should I say multiple bags). Also, I've been the wonderful recipient of a lot of scraps type of fabric. I cut them into strips and squares as per the Bonnie Hunter method (except I don't do bricks). Then, I try to make something with them. Since we have a charitable organization, it is a constant need. We give quilts to poor people and single moms or just working poor who need them.

Last year alone I did 80 quilts (all bed sized). This year it is fewer, but I've finished over 20 this fall--but have a lot of tops waiting to be finished. I'm not embarrassed by that as I made tops when I didn't have batting. We give out a lot of these quilts over Christmas time...so I need to finish them soon so I can focus on my own family.

But the bag of squares was large! It took literally several hours to sew them together the first time and I can sew with much concentration and I chain stitch and have a Janome 7700.

Holy Toledo you need to rest! I can't believe what you have accomplished with scraps....amazing.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

HOLY COW! You have your own scrappy slide show - great job on all of them!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Golly, all of your quilts are beautiful. It would take me from September to now to figure out how to make one quilt!. You are a wonderful sewer. Your concentration MUST BE VERY GOOD. Barny

you are my hero ;-) I absolutely love the red star sashing.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Wow I am amazed. After seeing the 16th quilt top I had to go back and check the date you started. I was thinking you must have started in Sept 2011 not this year.

You have done incredible work and have shown that a 2.5 inch square can look so incredibly different depending on how you use them.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Great quilts! I am impressed!

WOW!! You must be the most patient person alive.They are gorgeous. What a wonderful job you have done.
    Thanks for sharing all these with us.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Wow! that many quilts in 2 months, holy cow!! They are just wonderful. I like the 3rd, 8th,9th and 11th ones the best. I wish I was that creative, and had that much time and energy to devote to quilting. I have finished 3 christmas tree skirts, working on a table runner and place mats, and then finish a santa door hanging and will consider myself good for a while.

Blog Entries
    Just think ----These are all free quilts. They are wonderful, and you have put a lot of time and talent into making these quilts!

Wow! All are beautiful! Just shows how versatile a 2.5 inch square really is! Great work!

What an amazing effort. Great job on them all.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Looks like you were really busy! Glad you got to use your scraps!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

That was one huge bag of 2 1/2 inch scrapes--but you cut a few more and a few more--the result is one gorgeous quilt after another! Wow! I love them all.
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by JJean View Post
    That was one huge bag of 2 1/2 inch scrapes--but you cut a few more and a few more--the result is one gorgeous quilt after another! Wow! I love them all.
    Yes, I did have to add some more, like extra red ones to the heart quilt, though I had plenty of blue already cut.

Power Poster
    The tops are all lovely - and you did have a LOT of squares!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast