Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My birthday present arrived >

My birthday present arrived

My birthday present arrived

Old 11-27-2022, 03:01 PM

Default My birthday present arrived

I settled on a Juki TL-2000qi. She is something else. Came with a knee lift, a few metal bobbins, a bit of machine oil and a couple of feet. Along with the usual tools screwdriver, lint brush. A huge table, I am going to love this. I add an extra light in the back, one of those stick LED tape lights.

I haven't had a chance to visit yet, I have been battling a UTI and I think it won. Been just miserable.

Anyhow, I hope to pay her a visit soon. I will let you know how we get along.
Attached Thumbnails img_2214-copy.jpg  
Old 11-27-2022, 04:17 PM

How exciting!! Happy birthday to you. I just placed my order for a Juki 2010 on Friday. I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy your new machine.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:18 PM

Fabulous! Great machine. I use mine for lots of FMQ! Enjoy!! Hope you get some relief from the UTI soon.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:19 PM

I hope you feel better soon too.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous machine, Jukis are great.

I hope you get well soon.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:47 PM

Congrats on your new machine, I have the TL 2010 this spring and I love her. Check out YouTube site for Juki Junkies they have lots of videos for using and maintaining the TL machines also have a great website and Facebook page and are great at answering questions. 😊
Old 11-27-2022, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday! You will love your new gift! I have the 2010Q which is basically the same machine plus a small pre-tensioner. It has the greatest "potted" motor and is strong enough to sew through anything. It's my workhorse. I even did my quilting on it before I bought the Juki longarm table model. Have fun!

For the UTI you need antibiotics, but in the mean time flood yourself with cranberry juice! Something about cranberry really helps. And avoid eating sugar.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Craberry juice will help if your UTI isn’t too bad but if it’s bad, get antibiotics. I hate taking antibiotics because they really mess up my intestines but sometimes they are needed. I hope you get feeling better soon so you can give your nice new machine a workout!
Old 11-27-2022, 07:52 PM

Happy Birthday! What an awesome present! I love my Juki.

I've had many, many UTI's in my life. Cranberry juice doesn't touch them. I've used oregano oil, but you have to be very careful with it. I hope you find something that helps.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:33 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Chasing Hawk. What a nice machine. I hope you are drinking lots of water with whatever treatment you have chosen. I know, it is the last thing you want with that kind of infection. But, it needs a good flushing out. I usually put some apple cider vinegar into the water. It is really a miracle liquid for me. If you don't believe me, check it out on-line. Just google apple cider remedies. My sis had one recently and the tel-a--doc said to treat it quickly for it can cause a heart attack. Sorry to startle you. But, I am just repeating what he said to my sis.