Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Dear Jane- Chocolate Jane is finished! >

My Dear Jane- Chocolate Jane is finished!

My Dear Jane- Chocolate Jane is finished!

Old 02-20-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
Amazing! I can't figure the scale...what is the size of the blocks?
The blocks are 4 1/2" square, the triangles are 8" long x 5" wide.

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments. I'm overwhelmed by it all! DH said I had to quit reading them so I didn't get big headed..LOL!
Even MORE amazing then!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
sandpat--I have to ask--what WILL you do next? Well, besides go to Disney? :lol: Do you have another project planned?

And how did you get that border so perfectly scalloped?
Aww...you mean, I CAN'T just go to Disney???? Well, the same group that worked together to do the Dear Jane is planning to do another quilt together, so I'll jump into that one. Its " Affairs of the Heart"..we'll start it in June of this year. You can find the thread here on the board....come join us!

On the scallops...those scared me to death! Actually..search for scallops and binding...I did a tute for them. Its listed on the Jane Stickle topic section.
I checked out the tute! It's amazingly done--and such a small degree of all that is amazing about this piece of art.

I also checked out "Affairs of the Heart" and can't wait to see more of those. Wow--the blocks are just stunning. But, I have missing genes that are required to make these pieces... I know my limits!! :D
Old 02-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

sandpat--I have to ask--what WILL you do next? Well, besides go to Disney? :lol: Do you have another project planned?

And how did you get that border so perfectly scalloped?
Aww...you mean, I CAN'T just go to Disney???? Well, the same group that worked together to do the Dear Jane is planning to do another quilt together, so I'll jump into that one. Its " Affairs of the Heart"..we'll start it in June of this year. You can find the thread here on the board....come join us!

Karla...I don't buy the "missed genes"....you just are busy working right now and need to complete your projects a little quicker than these allow. Well...for some of us anyway. Lacelady completed her Baby Jane in 7 months +/- a few days...now...THAT was amazing, but thanks. You know you could make one with enough time.

On the scallops...those scared me to death! Actually..search for scallops and binding...I did a tute for them. Its listed on the Jane Stickle topic section.
I checked out the tute! It's amazingly done--and such a small degree of all that is amazing about this piece of art.

I also checked out "Affairs of the Heart" and can't wait to see more of those. Wow--the blocks are just stunning. But, I have missing genes that are required to make these pieces... I know my limits!! :D
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Stunning! Love it, but it's not on my to do list..too intimidated by all those tiny pieces
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Wonderful! I'm sure that took a chunk of your time to finish!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM

Here is the quilt that I finally finished. I started with the group here on the board in Jan. 2010 to make the quilt based on Jane Stickle's quilt. She made hers in 1863. I decided to use a dark background rather than the cream and to update the colors. As I worked on it, Lacelady mentioned that she was going to use a solid color for her triangles that went between the pieced triangles. This would make the pieced triangles stand out more. I liked the idea (so I stole it from her), but I then decided to try some trapunto in them as well.

Without the group on this board...I wouldn't have undertaken this project, but thanks to the group...I have a finished quilt! I learned a ton making it too! Thank you, thank you to the DJ ladies..you know who you are...!

Here is the finished product..all the blocks (the center and the tris) are hand quilted. I then did machine quilting in the ditches of the sashing/cornerstones. The trapunto and pebbling were done by machine..my regular domestic Bernina.

This really blows my mind. Awesome.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:59 PM

Kudos to you!! That is breathtaking!! I have wanted to make one, but there was something I didnt like about the white background. You are an inspration to us all!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 PM

Beautiful colors and pattern. I love the scallop edge.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:18 PM

Every time I see a Dear Jane I want to make one.. I've even bought the book.. but it is such a huge undertaking, that I'm afraid to start. You've done a beautiful beautiful job! Your quilting really adds another layer of intest and uniquness to this wonderful quilt...
Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM

Wow What a masterpiece!!