Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Dear Jane Fabric Collection >

My Dear Jane Fabric Collection

My Dear Jane Fabric Collection

Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM

I am planning to do a Dear Jane in the new year, hopefully under the wonderful guidance of KLue and everyone else. I've been chosing fabrics and here is the start of my collection. This may take few posts, so bear with me if it takes a minute to get it all loaded.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15911.jpe   attachment-15987.jpe   attachment-15989.jpe  
Old 07-30-2009, 05:55 PM

And a few more shots...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15910.jpe   attachment-15912.jpe   attachment-15913.jpe  
Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

I love your color choice! I'm going to have to get that book and/or the CD. I have so much on my plate..oh well, why not keep piling, right?!
So...how much of each fabric are you gonna stockpile? The blocks are really pretty small aren't they?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM

WOW! Those colors are so yummy!
I'm drooling here!
Start in the new year? Why not start now??
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM

The photos came out dark - I'm such a horrible photographer! The colors are reds, browns, corals, creams, and few splashes of green/turqouise. I'm waiting until we do it as a group as I think KLue is gonna take the lead and we can work thru it together! I think that will be tons of fun.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM

LOVE the colors you have picked. What are you going to use as your background fabric / color?

I am pretty sure that I am going to use batik. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to do blues and greens or multi color. :?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
LOVE the colors you have picked. What are you going to use as your background fabric / color?

I am pretty sure that I am going to use batik. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to do blues and greens or multi color. :?
Probably a creamy color, or an off white on off white - something subtle, but I'm trying to stick with modern fabrics. I think it's one of those where
"I'll know it when I see it" fabrics.

I think batiks will be awesome. Are you going to do it with the group in January?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Ya'll remind me later in the year ok...I'd love to do this one with the group as long as it doesn't start until Jan... :wink:
Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 PM

What awesome fabrics! You are ready! I've always loved the "Dear Jane" blocks. It would be so fun to do the blocks as a group. Sign me up!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

OMG!!!

i love your fabric. when i saw it the first thing that came into my mind was how great it would look with butter cream and then i saw a few posts down that you were thinking of cream too.

i'm still so torn on what fabrics i want to use. i keep going back and forth between black/brights and red/white.

a few of us are getting pumped up to do the jane after the new year. i was thinking to put up a post in oct/nov to gauge interest that way people can ask for DJ stuff for christmas.

the idea is to have the project, piecing to quilting, done within 12 months. i figure 8-10 months for piecing and then the last few months for quilting/binding.